highline

Guest doxer

Only way to tell a real highline is to look on the logbook......it will say highline on it?...there are a lot of people who sell a late vr with optional air con and heated leather as a highline when its not, Highline s were only ever made in two colours diamond black pearl or purple violet pearl with purple leather, They all had wooden gear sticks and chrome over black badges?. they did dent have the plastic box section skirt seen on standard models Some people say that the highlines are mapped different But iam not 100% sure on that?. finally they had six spoke bbs wheels rather than the bbs multi spoke........think that?s about all but ive probably forgot something :)

ds2.jpg

[ ds2.jpg ]

They did all come with a walnut gear knob but it might have been changed on the ones you saw... the leather trimmed walnut steering wheel was a no cost option... although mine is the only one Ive ever seen!

I believe the centre console is diffferent also and the red light in the door... but like tommy said the V5 will say highline if its genuine

Mine had the wooden knob (which I've just binned and fitted a mk4 one) - Also... Highlines have the black sill trims with 'VR6' on, they have the courtesy lights in the front doors, they have Aircon - AND they also have BLACK interior A, B and C pillars (now there's a rare one no-one usually mentions lol maybe I'm just a nerd)

Mine had the wooden knob (which I've just binned and fitted a mk4 one) - Also... Highlines have the black sill trims with 'VR6' on' date=' they have the courtesy lights in the front doors, they have Aircon - AND they also have BLACK interior A, B and C pillars (now there's a rare one no-one usually mentions lol maybe I'm just a nerd)[/quote']

Aircon isnt exclusive to highlines though :P

Mine had the wooden knob (which I've just binned and fitted a mk4 one) - Also... Highlines have the black sill trims with 'VR6' on' date=' they have the courtesy lights in the front doors, they have Aircon - AND they also have BLACK interior A, B and C pillars (now there's a rare one no-one usually mentions lol maybe I'm just a nerd)[/quote']

Aircon isnt exclusive to highlines though :P

No I know, have seen other mk3s with aircon, the late P-R platers had it as an option didn't they? You tend to see all the green and silver VR's advertised as 'Highline' cough cough.. Anyone on here seen / got a Highline with Climatronic? I've only seen one of those before, was an imported Syncro model.

There?s a green vr for sale on e bay at the moment with climatronic control.....Looks a bit like the seat display(And yes I know its really a vw)Problem with climate is it tends to kick in when you don?t want it to...or it does on the ibiza anyway..

c4_1.jpg

[ c4_1.jpg ]

Guest couzens

Not all highlines are badged as "vr6" front and back. Mine isn't and never was. I believe it was a choice on purchase to deter theft. Its great just saying Golf on the back as it gives a few people a little shock when you boot it!

Guest couzens

There are no marks underneath the golf badge on the back. Mounts are on the grill so that front badge can be clipped on. I did raise this with the VW trader; this was his response that does make sense as back then highlines were top of the range. I know someone will prove me wrong though!

• 3 weeks later...