oh, btw. you also wont be able to run an atmospheric dump valve with the standard ecu remapped or with a chip fitted. as you will be losing already metered air and your car will run lumpy and stall at low revs. (trust me, ive experienced it)

the only way that is possible is with a stand alone system running an MAP sensor as this judges the volume of air by pressure, not by the flow. just another note yto those interested.

sounds liek a decent kit though. i would also like to see the pictures as im interested in the intercooler setup, and would like to see the manifold too. so hurry up man. lol.

With a blower fitted, you will get more power running the stock cams than you will with the 268s.

268 cams have more "overlap" than the stock cams - this means that the exhaust valve is kept open longer during the first part of the induction phase. On a naturally aspirated engine, this is a good thing - the momentum of the escaping exhaust gas creates a partial vacuum which helps to "suck" in the new air through the inlet valve. The engine therefore has less work to do (via the crank) to fill the combustion chamber, so you get a power increase.

On an engine with a blower, air is being fed into the combustion chamber under pressure during the induction phase. If the exhaust valves are being held open by the cam at this time, some of that precious compressed air will bleed out of the combustion chamber and into the exhaust, and you will lose power.

I'm told that 248 cams work well with forced induction as they have a similar duration to the stock cams, but give you the benefit of higher valve lift. Stock cams are the safe choice though.

still not too sure about the bov thing as mine ran crappy with one, and i had installed a split second piggy back, which even uses its own MAP sensor, so i removed the maf as it wasnt being used. it was still really lumpy till i installed the maf again and the recirc dv.

but you would really have to try it i guess. not too much hassle to change back.

id like some more info/pics of this if you will. just to be nosey. im actually interested in how the i/c is set up as mines been a ball ache.

as you obviously know ive been round the block with this so if anyone wants any advice or info before buying dont hesitate to ask for advice.

• 1 month later...

2 me the kit sounds the same as what Bahn Brenner supplies.

For pics you guys can check out there website.

Was interested in doing this conversion myself after i seen a madman from Germany do his mk2 with a turbo pushing out silly brake.Ive got a video of the mentioned golf and for what he's done to the car it absolutely horses an Audi RS4 down the motorway,and i MEAN horses it!!

My preference would be S/C to be honest after past experience with T/C cars.Even though it's a small turbo u still get lag and need to use ure gears more to shake of those boy racers.

As ive shown in Readers Rides i'm gonna be doing alot of stuff to my car well a complete make-over and i'm certainly putting my money into a S/C kit from Ultimate Tune.

Heres the link to Bahn Brenner website guys http://www.bahnbrenner.com/media/php/catalog.php?pid=1070&catid=251

Enjoy the pics !lol

The Bahn Brenner kit IS the Kinetic kit being resold by them.

We did the software for the kit, and contrary to one of the post to this thread eluding to the fact of people being unhappy....the software is PERFECT support of the kit....

Most issues are when people think that they can just throwo on Forced Induction, and do not either pay attention to their normal maintenance, or choose to add power thinking that the normal maintenance items will not affect it :|

C2