Hi, just a question regarding your rims. I got some a while back but haven't got round to puting them on yet. I've got 215/40/17 tyres (17x8 wheels) and am interested in lowering the car but not too much (40mm) the car. How much arch work if any have you have done and what? They are 5x100 ET35. Cheers !amazed

yeah your right, they are a porsche fitment, he's got the spacers to make em fit (not cheap). He's rolled his rear arches ever so slightly, currently on a 40-60mm drop. Beat you to it Si. I'm sure he will be on here at some point to put a more detailed post up.

Cheers Vince :D

Mine are indeed 17x8 with an ET of 35 with the adaptors fitted. I currently run 215/40/17 with it lowered about 50/60mm. The rears did rub, but have now had them rolled/pulled and can literally run the car as low as I wish at the back now ( Subframe hits before the wheels rub!) The fronts are still all standard but as soon as I get my coilovers it will be going lower so I should imagine they will need to be modded slightly to allow me to properly deck it. :P

The main problem you may have is the temptation to cut the rears. Under no instance should this be done as they form an integral part of the floorpan and quarter panel joint (structural) So make sure whoever does them for you knows what there doing!

hmmm, so if i cannot cut the rears how would i go about having say an offset of about 10, as in, move my wheels out by about 2-3 cm. im making some wide arches for the back, and want to pull the wheels out to the edge, but still want it slammed about 60mm. is it possable to maybe fold the arches by an inch, rather than have them pulled.

Same as yours RH 2 peice, have them a few months just with the weather didn'y wana put them on as they've been polished ( not sure if they came the polished lip) Just don't want them sitting like stilts on the car if I dont get round to lowering it straight away. WOuld want keep it reasonable as I like the smoothride at the moment. Have another MK3 and got that lowered 60mm on 17's and it handles mad, but EVERY little bump is felt. Have you got your coilovers yet? What did you opt for?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one. Alot of people opted for full on Koni's over them, but they are pretty much identical, ur just buying FK springs instead of Koni! I've got the konigsports and I haven't had a prob and never actually heard of one yet...

Hope u enjoy them!