What do you mean by eating plugs? Wearing the electrodes away or just caking them in oil/carbon deposits?

If you wearing 3 sets of plugs away in 18 months you are doing some serious mileage or your engine is running way too hot/pinking etc. Or your plugs are completely wrong for the engine. Should be using NGK BKRE5Us from the dealer.

If they're getting caked in oil, you're burning. Start saving!

K

oh yeah,my car has just had a stainlee 2 box system from powerflow fitted,and i notice plack deposits on the boot!is the car running rich?i may not have had these in the past left on the boot as the original exhaust was not upswept like the one i have now!any ideas?i also run a k and n induction kit.just wonder whether the car running rich maybe causing plugs to break down!?!?!

as soon as i put new plugs on the car,it runs silky smooth.just get tese black bits sometimes on the rear of the car!just like when you burn to much aceytelene,not oil deposits.i can remove them with a duster!!!not the sort of thing i want to be seen dead doing in the car park LOL!!!!