first typeR experience today!!

got a shot of a mates civic type r today, first time bein in and drivin 1! and hav to say was not greatly impressed , was really nice to drive, gearchange was beautiful, steering and turn in were tight, altho the car just didn`t feel as togther as my 93 golf!! mind u the civic had almost the same mileage!! 60k

seemed quick enough once u were on vtec but untill 6500 there was nothin, was almost boring and a big let down. i couldn`t be assed with that everytime u wanted a short nippy blast!! its great havin power and torque on tap pretty much all thro the revs not just way up!

hav to say tho definelty makes me think bout gettin some more supportive seats!! my purple leather armchairs ain`t up to much!!

so days conclusion is civic typeR`s hav nice seats

Great gearchange, best I've ever felt, nice seats as you say too. Couldn't part with Type-R money for something that looks like a bread van though, they're not particularly quiet on the road either, road noise, engine noise, wind noise is not really up to modern standards imo.

dub m8' date=' when they see a nice car like yours and vr6 on the back, they think...fair game....how wrong they are muahaha.

[/quote']

lol nerih, spesh as mine has no vr6 badges, just the old "golf" badge i left on it to fool the unsuspecting or foolhardy!

!lol

That would be the same as the the nice silver "1.6" Mk4 I overtook on the Lamberhurst Bypass yesterday then... expecting an easy scalp was I.. till I tried to pass :?

Got passed in the end, but he paced me to a rather silly speed - 1600 my ass !

If Mr Silver Mk4 is reading - just what are you packing in there ? lol :)

try driving a charged vr6' date=' yes you have vr6 power, but you end up driving above 3k just for the electric response you get when you put your foot down under boost.

[/quote']

hopefully by next year i`ll b driving a charged vr6!! and after reading ur thread and experiences i can`t wait!!

worst 1 i had was seein a corsa with daft bumpers and other stupid bits comin racing up behind me and sittin rite up behind me, thought bollocks i`ll hav him, dropped a coupel gears and went for it, looked in the mirror to realise he was along side me and goin past quite easily!! &| 2.0 turbo what can i say!!

hopefully by next year i`ll b driving a charged vr6!! and after reading ur thread and experiences i can`t wait!!

worst 1 i had was seein a corsa with daft bumpers and other stupid bits comin racing up behind me and sittin rite up behind me' date=' thought bollocks i`ll hav him, dropped a coupel gears and went for it, looked in the mirror to realise he was along side me and goin past quite easily!! &| 2.0 turbo what can i say!!

[/quote']

a tinted window moment i feel!

LOL db, ive know how you feel seadog, its happened to me a few times, been totally decimated by faster cars. I've not come up against anything thats faster after visiting stealth...yet. When i move back to london this friday, no doubt there will be 'boy racers' with 158194810psi cosworths waiting to waste me. (bet they dont have leather heated seats and aircon...heh)