COILOVERS- How do i lower????

OK as ive now got some strched Toyos on the VR i now need to lower the car some more at the back...

looking at the coilover- which is the correct way to turn to lower the car? Turn the spanner to the left or right?? From memory arent there 2 big nuts? I take it i move the bottom one down first and then the top one?? (I have H&R coilovers)

Anyone got any other tips? They seem in pretty good condition (threads not corroded etc) but any tips on making it an easy job would be appreciated... :-)

give the threads a good soak in wd40, sometimes its a pain to get the 2 spanners on to unlock the 2 rings! if it is really tight just give the cutout notch bits a tap with a big srewdriver or similar it loosens em off ;) my h&r`s on my rallye didnt cause any probs with camber and that was pretty low, you wont be able to go too far down anyway as it still hits the rear on a vr6! i know i tried the other week!! i got mine just right now even with people in it clears! ;)

you should have 2 spanners! (ring motorsport wheels for a new set of spanners) you may need to use my screwdriver trick!! you know the biggest bastard one you got in your toolbox! i have the huge snap on one that only gets used to open tins of paint or chisel something off!!! anyway once the collars are loose just undo it towards the bottom of the strut, till you get it to where you think its right; you dont need to lock them together too tight at first till you get it set right both sides, even test driving with them just hand tight is ok i found, you can go way lower than mine with rolled arches but be cautious of diff and drive shaft problems!! if the drive shafts are too parallel to the road it will fook your cv`s and your diff eventually !grr !

Sorted! As you say Nick, took less than an hour to do both sides- think the struts are stainless as over 3 years old and no corrosion whatsoever... Only needed one C spanner too, took the bottom one down, and then the top - all ok... Resisited going silly low- but it stil is very low- need to do the front just a touch more too....

cool! you need a new sig piccy now then!! glad its sorted, on the spanner subject i had 2 with my h&r kit, one small one large! its supposed to be so you can "lock" and "unlock" the 2 rings but as you say done it with one! i didnt even use the spanners on my FK kit! just brute force!! hope mine stays in good nick like yours after 3 years of road kill???? we shall see ;)

Get some before and after pics up Warren!

Will do Si, only after i get those 8.5" outers with my next paycheck ;-) Pete pointed out that (for some unknown reason) i have wider adapters on the front than the back - very strange. Instead of swapping these round to the back- ive decided to just get the dish a little deeper- i think it'll look better than just widening the track. Im going to try it with the 205's hopefully it will work! Was a little worried about going so low at the back- but Justin hasnt any problems so think ill stick with it for now :-) Not sure what to do with the front though as i dont think it can go any lower without me scarring the painted splitter... :?