Rust Patches & Side Moulding Clips?

Hi guys.

Just pickup up my new VR. 1997 Highline in Black.

Not too impressed with the seller though. Went all the way to London only to find that the car has rudt on both rear arches and on the passenger side rear windows along with both side moudling coming away on both front doors due to broken clips.

Firstly will i have to go to VW to get the plastic side moulding clips to clip the moulding strip back on?

Secondly how much do you guys reckon for a bit of rust sorting?

Thanks.

i hope the price reflected the condition? trim clips are pence so dont worry about that rust is a different matter, take it to a decent body shop and get a quote, rust around the windows dont sound good! has it been a "London car" all its life? if so the rust is probably due to the amount of side windows that have been refited due to crime! i looked at a blue vr6 in london and not one piece of glass in it was made by the same manafacturer! i walked away.

Yeah, just checked. All windows have the VW Sekurit sign on them with the code no on it.

Stop putting me off now mate!!! :)

I'm apprehensive enough as it is.

My last highline was in better body condition than this one but this highline has a better engine from what i can gather. Both cars are the same age/plate, with similar mileage.

Gotta get the rust done though!!!!!!

dont know why but i have had mk1 golfs and a mk2 rallye and now the vr6 i seem to see more tin worw on the later cars!! i think the mk3 was the last real "gti type" car built by vw but somehow the build quality went down slightly? my 18 year old mk1 one was still on its original sills and wings! dunno if the vr6 will be able to do that? having said that my vr dosent appear to have any probs at the moment rust wise?