trust me you wanna leave it connected...it's not really like traction control' date=' its more like having an lsd.

you'll have horrendous power understeer if you disconnect it.[/quote']

lsd mmm tell me more,is it that noise abit like abs when wheel spinning at low speed

acf- am i right in thinking its more like an lsd on the golf as opposed to traction control? traction ,in general, is an electronic limiter that reduces power in the engine, regardless of throttle position, when it senses a spinning wheel. an lsd on the other hand , will still allow the engine to rev freely while, in most cases, transfer wasted power(a spinning wheel) to the other driven wheel to balance the forward motion! most noticeable in an atb diff, obviously! this is only a rough guide to the differences between the two, as manufacturers employ different systems throughout , and no doubt someone will correct me , but this is a basic understanding for those that want to listen!

i've heard conflicting reports, but i'm sure i read somewhere that it uses the abs sensors to work out when the inside wheel looses traction, then locks the diff, or somethin like that.

it's def not traction control, its more of a diff thing.

The edl only works below something like 20mph and under 3000rpm so it wouldnt be worthwhile trying to disconnect it.

It works by applying the brakes to the wheel thats starting to spin, using the abs system.

I have the quaife atb fitted and it is fantastic, worth every penny.

Yeah, diff is about £600, but you also need a bolt kit to replace the rivets that hold the final drive on, a few bearings and a couple of other bits and pieces that bring the parts price to nearer £700. About 8 hours labour, and I got the clutch done at the same time as well so it aint cheap.