computer question 4 the Guru's

Question for the computer bods among us.

Is it possible to change a printer driver, not to a different driver but to change the programming, the settings internally (if that makes sense ).

My printer prints to a maximum length of 397mm is it possible to change the driver to print longer lengths than this ?

I feel there must be a way to change the programming of the driver to do this..

Please, someone Tell me it can be done ….

Exactly as Pittuf says but if that fails you could try to update the printer firmware to a newer version, the firmware is the software that runs on the printer i.e. the menus etc... I think it unlikely that there will be an update as the 1012 is a fairly recent model but you never know!

The only way I can think of is to use PostScript, assuming your printer supports the language. You can use the interpreter called Ghostscript to do the dirty work for you.

If time is a problem for you, your best contact HP to see what physical dimensions it can print, however 397mm may well be it's limit.

Thanks,

Pete

Have you tried the HP site for updated drivers? That would be my first point of call.... Its possible they changed the setting with a later version. If no joy with the latest driver (as its a laser there are always newer versions getting released- especially HP) then email there support through www.hp.com. They might be able to help....