Full Closure Alarm - Problem with sunroof

I've just aquired my first VR which I'm v. happy with at the mo.

My only problem at the moment is that the full closure alarm doesn't close the sunroof.

Is there anyway I could hook this up to close?

Also when I deactivate the alarm the rear windows open half way.

Is this normal or has someone set this to happen on purpose? ~:(

the rear window opening when you unlock aint the norm,all my windows closed ok untill one of my rear window regulators packed in and all i could get was a regulator for a 95 golf and mines a 97 and now only this window rolls down half way when i unlock the car so i think yours may of been replaced with a early model golf?when i get a 97 regulator ill let you know if it goes back to normal.jay

your sunroof should close with the full closure alarm, mine does....

your rear windows should not open unless you hold down the button when disarming the alarm (on mine even if you hold down the button nothing happens, it only unlocks the car, nothing to do with windows).

Just been playing around with the closure system and discovered a switch on the radio key fob.

In position 1 You get full closure with no sunroof, and on unlock the rear windows stay up.

In position 2 You get full closure with no sunroof, and on unlock the rear windows open half way.

So it must of been programmed to open the windows ;)

Just wish I could close the sunroof aswell :(

It's a standard 2 button VW key fob, but I think the alarm was upgraded after. It's VSL system.

You can still deactivate the sensors by pressing the button while the ignition is switched to "on". Turn ignition off then arm the alarm as normal. :P

So does anyone know how to hook up the sunroof?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its a shot in the dark but mine was the same. Don't laugh... but I discovered that if you waggle the cables in the rubber door sleeve/hose on the passenger rear door it began to work. It would appear that there is some connection between the last window that closes and the sun roof. I think its a dodgy wire in that part of the circuit. I can't be arsed to take the door card off to find out but just waggle the wires when it fails. Sounds wierd I know.

Have you checked the module for the C/L ,I have a sharan and it is under the pasenger seat and when I first got the car the front window did not work at all so I was messing around with the box and the rear would'nt work and the sunroof stopped closing as well,(but it worked if I done it by the switch) I took the box off and blew all the contacts for the leads and put it back in, I also cleaned the earth wire by the side of the unit and everything started working again as it should ecept the front which ended up being a duff motor brought a new one and all works fine now.

So my advice is try cleaning the contacts on the C/L mod.