Feature Car of the Month - December (Toddy)

So as you can see, this little old MK2 started life as a 1 owner from new, 1.6 auto that was pretty much mint. Back in November 2013 where this story begins, bought with a fresh 12mth MOT for just £600 the old girl had no issues driving the 80 miles to her new home. 

It wasn't long before the work commenced on gutting the car completely as you can see. 

After 3 years down the line and whilst it may not look like i've done much, plenty has gone in to this car that you can't see. 

With the engine removed, the bay was repainted. The VR6 lump itself whilst out had extensive work carried out, including chains, guides, headwork and skim, new cams (yet to be fitted), a HOTGOLF lightened flywheel, a V5 gearbox with diesel 5th conversion. With a MK3 VR tank, pump and lines run in, freshly refurbished hubs, bearings and full brake overhaul (inckluding rear axle conversion to discs), Eibach Arbs and polybushed all round this is one sleeper that is hiding her mods well. 

She currently sits in a warm garage in the depths of Kent awaiting for me to pull the old loom and fit the custom made wiring back in place before receiving further time and funds. With a wedding next year and subsequent house purchase/move, time is a little tight but I shall endeavour to have part 2 of this feature to you next summer! However with the purchase of another MK2 just completed, i might not rush quite so much.

Comments and questions welcome! 

Want your car featured? Send me a PM!

Toddy

First.jpg

BeforeFront.jpg

FrontProgress.jpg

RearProgress.jpg

SideProgress.jpg

• VR6Pete changed the title to Feature Car of the Month - December (Toddy)