to sell or not to sell? Did Shakespeare have a VR6?

So. just coming up to 4 years of ownership... bought for £1700 quid, and spent another £1000 a week later with full service new discs/pads suspension bushes HT leads and God knows what :) Anyway, for £2,700 quid I had a cracking VR6, '96 car with 108K on the clock... and now 114K so thats 6K miles in just under 4 years..... I work away so the old girl's not a daily..... averaging around 1500 miles a year....

So here's the problem.... (you've guessed already)........ RUST................. Mainly (and terminal) on the front wings... so two new wings needed... Had some welding done for the MOT last year, underside, both sides, just rear of the front wheel arches... I understand this area is a natural rust trap.... not much other rust visible though...

So, the sill covers... can I expect big rust issues on the sills when I take the plastic covers off....  and if bad, what kind of bill would I be looking at?

I love this car, and I'm happy to spend a few bob on it, but obviously only within reason... 

On the other hand, they do seem to be becoming a bit rare......