GTI Festival - Santa Pod Raceway - 10th July

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, yeah thanks for lettin me come up it good to meet you all. went down the track a few times, best result was only 15.5. I'll probably go up there again later this year (when its a lot colder) see if i can get a better time. Thanks for the advice on the bonnet lifter, i'll see if i can get it fitted, i know a couple of mech's and body repair lads :D so shouldn't be a problem. Like i said i'll have to look at my finances for edition 38, looks good though so might se you up there if i'm not in Iraq by then B)

funny, i got some help from the clubbies with my bonnet lifters too...

the stall i bought the lifters from had marked all the mk3 packs as mk2 and visa versa....lucky i decided to try them out before i went home!!

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see you guys on Sunday but by the time you arrived I was already sprinting; making the most of the cooler air. I'm very happy with a 15.547 in my stock, 13yo, 152K Golf VR6. I did take some time off but getting to the stand was immpossible. And seeing how shining and bling all your examples where I felt I would be letting the side down in my rusting old Dedicated Ring Toy.

Maybe next time, if I put more preperation in. Maybe even putting on my 17" alloys, which I personally don't really like.

the goth

P.s. The MK5s I saw on the track where pulling 15.2s +/- .1

1121359564_2196_FT67018_vr6front_.jpg