6-2-1 fitting and DIY isolation of the air filter?

purchased myself a nice wee raceland manifold yesterday. so will be getting fitted next week when i get home.

iv heard the fact it stainless steel means the engine bay heats up alot more true or not??

anyway even if it's not true till going to buy some heat wrap and do the manifold.

also just bought a ram air induction kit and am considering building a box to seperate the cone from the rest of the engine bay to prevent it sucking in hot air. anybody else done this?? any ideas what i could use??

surely putting heat wrap on the manifold will keep the mani hotter thereforew reducing air density thus reducing power??

On an inlet manifold you want it colder for that reason. On the exaust manifold you want the exact opposite so that the gases get pushed out easier or something.

well my aim is to keep the inlet air cold and aim to do this by keeping the hot gases contained within the manifold therefore keeping them hotter as less heat is lost through the manifold and effectivly letting them escape even more efficiantly.

so a winner both ways!!

purchased myself a nice wee raceland manifold yesterday. so will be getting fitted next week when i get home.

iv heard the fact it stainless steel means the engine bay heats up alot more true or not??

anyway even if it's not true till going to buy some heat wrap and do the manifold.

also just bought a ram air induction kit and am considering building a box to seperate the cone from the rest of the engine bay to prevent it sucking in hot air. anybody else done this?? any ideas what i could use??

Where did you purchase this, and how much?

adam u notice much difference??

il be fitting a ramair proram full stainless exhaust including raceland manifold and a high flow cat all together. what gains should i expect??

new gasket has been purchased!!

i dont know wat power increase to expect to be honest but i have a total straight pipe mated to a std box no silencer's or cat and my ss manifold and the increase was very noticable and lower down power too should give 10-15bhp with a full system and manifold easy, altho someone will prob say otherwise ;):P