but its all four pannelks only a small patch on each but the kit would cover it and in not sour what it would cost to sort the pannels about 120 a corner i bet

do you guys think iot would look better kited or not kit as p reg is the change point i think

p .s in piseed at the mop so if this makes no sence sorry

bully

yep totally agree there- last thing you want is totally rotten sills a couple of years down the line :-( Get it sorted :-) If its not bad itll get rubbed down, rust treated filled if needed and sprayed back up, if its on the sill there wont be any need for major paintshop bills as they will more than likely just mask off above the sill and blend it in....

you must have a lot of rust!

Given i've got bits on all arches, sills and on the rear along with stone chipped bonnet and a few scuffs here and there's it's more cost affective to get it totally resprayed, after I saw lowlife's Dragan Green mk3, it's got such a sparkle too :)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

By "Black bodykit" I take it you mean the standard VW arch trims (as fitted to early VRs and the GTi). These are both glued and riveted on. Some bodykit glue, small rivets and a drill is all that's needed to fit them, but I agree with the others that you should get the rust removed and the paintwork resealed first.