Hello from Scotland

Hi Guys,

I am looking into purchasing my first mk3 vr6. Having owned numerous cars including evos, hondas, ford rs mk2, golfs etc.

The values seem to be on the rise and i am looking at one as a potential long term investment and something i can work on in my spare time.

I have not owned a mk3 vr6 before so im looking for some advise as to what to look for out with the usual things. I am hopeful of finding one in the near future.

Thanks 

Yep as richierich said really, bottom's of the front wing's are the most obvious place to look, sills where they've been jacked up and arches, especially if it's early car with plastic arch trims. Grommets in the floor pans are really common for them to go, front suspension turrets go around the seams, I think that's covered the worst bits! Hopefully that hasn't scared you off! The good thing is though that mk3's are still very easy to get bits for, decent fitting pattern front wings can be bought for around £30 and replacement sills about £20 and there's still plenty of very cheap 2nd hand stuff about. Mk3 golfs are also so easy and I'd say quite nice to work on compared to a lot of cars, which is a big bonus!

• 2 weeks later...