Hi all!

I had my golf re-mapped at AMD in november & all was perfect! ('96 model) but just recently she's started to stall when i fire her up unless i give her a bootful of revs, any ideas why this has just started now?

Just moved house & the people next door don't like me revving it to start it. It wakes there kids up! lol!

Thanks for any help you can give. ~:(

I've got a similar problem on mine - it just needs a blip of the throttle to start, only when the engine is warm. Its more apparent in the warm weather and sometimes stalls when pulling up.

On VAG-Com it says:

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation

14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

Readiness: N/A

Does anyone think that cleaning my isv might cure the problem?

sorry if I'm being thick here

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation

14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

===============================

@vrpat - Go back to your VAG-COM and find what value the idle adaptation measurement block has. Go through the measurement blocks till you get to the one that shows "Idle Adaptation" and "Part Throttle Adaptation".

The idle code should be at or near 1.0

So if its greater than 1.0, the ECU is adding fuel to try and counteract a lean condition. This can be an air leak in the intake, or even near the Lambda probe at the cat. If the cat gasket is blown for example, you'll see this code approx +1.5

If its less than one, the ECU is trying to hold the fueling back - which means you have a rich condition. This can be caused by a leaky injector or too high fuel pressure.

Like I say - go see the value in VAG-COM and act accordingly. Once you know the value - go a hunting!

Jules

[ Edited Thu Apr 01 2004, 11:27PM ]

[ Edited Thu Apr 01 2004, 11:28PM ]

wow cheers for the quick advices chaps :D you're stars! I shall have a look tomorrow at the value and report back.

This is a good sign - a person on this forum that actually spelt "you're" correctly and in context!

Your all going over their. Aaarrggghhh!!!

Sorry - off topic.... :P:D

Jules

No danger there then:-)

Once SPOTLESS, working the door etc, lubricate the door with some 3in1 oil and reinstall. Now moving further along, look at the throttle body, it's held on by 4 10mm bolts. Remove the throttle body and clean the butterfly until spotless and again lubricate. Now there's a thin paper gasket between the flanges, it's 40p so replace that as well, When reassembled don't panic if the revs are erratic, it takes a little time for the ECU to reset to the "Alledgedly" new valve, It will settle, and your throttle response will be crisper. Try that and see how you go, you may find that because of all the gunge in there that the Throttle switch (Black plastic part on the throttle body may need reset, this also has to do with the "Stalling "part of things) but see how you get in....

Good Luck, and remember we're never that far away....:-)

Regards

28v6r

Hi again - sorry to be a pain, but is this the correct location for the ISV? Could someone circle the ISV for me?

1-2-1.jpg

I've obtained some carb cleaner and will give it a good clean when I've worked out exactly which part needs to come off!

Jules: Again many thanks for the help, I have been through the engine/measuring block section of VagCom but I can't find the "Idle Adaptation" or "Part Throttle Adaptation" value?

sorry if I sound like a thicko - its not that I'm not mechanically minded, just I'd hate to get it wrong and break anything :o

@vrpat - um - scrub what I said - fundamental mistake - I didnt ask if you were OBD1 or OBD2! !dodge

You are OBD2 so the VAG-COM info will be different. What I said above still holds true generally, but the info you get will be different I think. OBD2 gives you a LOT more details about how the engine is running but I cant help you in this respect.

I suggest having a search through (or pop a post up) on the VAG-COM group on Yahoo.....! ;)

Jules

I have a glitch that may be related to the isv?when the engine is cold if I blip the go pedal,then ease of instantly there seems to be a slight judder.If I blip the go pedal again response is crisp/how is should be.IS it the isv/throttle body/all the fuel intake system needs a good fettle?had it on vag com with no faults registered.

can anybody help with some advice,cheers in advance!