Modified/Custom throttle body

Hi All, new trouble with VR!

Basically I was racing a skyline when the throttle body spring got stuck, fully open! I limped the car home (ignition off mostly (no brakes or PAS)) as the engine when on just bounced off the limiter!

The car was bought ready modded (ex mag car 2004) and it's nearly all custom, as I'm finding out! It has a Wagner tuning intake (HPA clone?) so the throttle body is mounted behind the radiator for a super short FMIC to throttle pipe run. I have spare ODB2 TB which won't fit and bought an ODB1 today that won't fit without work.

Here are pics, the new working TB (with TPS) and old (without TPS) where I have tried to trial fit to manifold the angle of runner is wrong and full throttle has +2 inches of slack.

Side by side the old one has less total width (needed as its close to radiator) larger and angled cable guide/runner (angle can be seen in top down/side view)

I need suggestions please, my 2 current ideas are

1) find a 75mm one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70MM-THROTTLE-BODY-PERFORMANCE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-BILLET-ALUMINUM-HIGH-FLOW-BLUE-/191213044002?hash=item2c852f8122 and hope it fits or

2) give old and new TB's to an old guy in a shed to fabricate a replacement

Anyone know any good fabricators?

And to top it all I broke the f*cking crack pipe while I was messing about!

Thanks for looking.

Spost-87425-0-91723000-1443215370_thumb.jpost-87425-0-09279900-1443215388_thumb.j

post-87425-0-10321000-1443215440_thumb.j

post-87425-0-74217200-1443215452_thumb.j

post-87425-0-38979300-1443216166_thumb.j

Edited by ssaunders

Michael6656 had one of these manifolds, he might be able to shed some light on what throttle body they use.

Is there no part number stamped on to the old throttle body,

As it looks like a standard throttle body, not an after market version, so just need to find out what car or engine it came off.

neck and neck till I went for 3rd and f*cked the car, he did look surprised when he looked and I was still next to him!

At least he didn't laugh when I pulled up next to him at the next set of lights with the engine banging off the limiter until I turned the ignition off (Sometimes with a VRT, silence is golden!)

Good news is its back together and running! Advice on fitting stainless crack pipe is give it a couple of knocks with a hammer, and it is possible to fit without taking the entire thermostat housing off (just the part that it goes into on the stat housing as the complete housing is made of 2 or 3 bits)

Ran the car round the block today and it works still RESULT!

I still need to sort the bumper out as the sides have a slot/runner guide I missed but I will sort that when I change all the screws to stainless and replace the 6, yes 6! Missing ones that held the slam panel on! Only took 90 mins to take whole front off because it only had half the screws/bolts!

I have said before these cars need love and attention, not half arsed attempts at repairs! If your going to do it at least do it properly!

Oh and refit lights.

TFL

Steve

Now it's sorted did you beat the skyline?

Edited by ssaunders