Golf mk3 VR6 engine tray wanted

Looking for the plastic tray that bolts to the subframe etc for my mk3 VR6 in good condition please. I know only a VR6 one will fit.

I'm based in Coventry and I'd prefer not to travel too far but I'm travelling with work to various places shortly which might help, it's quite an awkward & expensive piece to post but I'd consider paying postage depending on price.

Rich

Looking for the plastic tray that bolts to the subframe etc for my mk3 VR6 in good condition please. I know only a VR6 one will fit.

I'm based in Coventry and I'd prefer not to travel too far but I'm travelling with work to various places shortly which might help, it's quite an awkward & expensive piece to post but I'd consider paying postage depending on price.

Rich

good luck dude! rare as hens teeth!!

ive got one in the garage, it needs a bloody good clean!!!! inbox me if interested

Edited by paceo

You can chop tdi ones to fit. And then use the part you chopped out to fill in the hole because of different shaped sumps.

How I made mine :)

looking on ekta the vr6 does not have one, its a tdi one you chop slightly! ive got a genuine vw one and fuck me the engine was clean underneath!!

There meant to have a small side tray / cover as standard,

Covers the aux belt, power steering pulley, and crank pulley.

Help stop the belt slipping in wet wether.

All mk3's came with these from factory I believe.

But not a full engine tray, only TDI's came with these. It was for better fuel consumption believe it or not. They also had a rear under tray as well, make the underside much more streamline.

Added benefits are they keep you engine bay much cleaner,

But they do not help or protect from scrapes or damage as there only plastic.

Yes that's why I wanted one, I took one off my 16v which I dismantled earlier in the year so just assumed there was one with a different hole for the vr6!

I've got the rear tray thing, I guess it's an early version of a rear diffuser.

Not the end of the world I just like to have all the bits