My VR Corrado is well sick!!!!

It started making some knocking noises in the engine a few days ago, only at 3000 revs or more.

Today however it has got really bad, and is doing it at idle. I had to drive it to my mates, and on the way it seemed to stop, but then started again.

It sounds like something is knocking on the top of the rocker cover.

Also when my mate was looking in it, there was a small spark and small little puff of smoke from one of the HT leads near the spark plug, could the lead be breaking down?

I have had to leave the car at his house and get a lift home.

Does anyone know of a good place in/near Blackpool to get it looked at? Or even if someone who knows their stuff could have a look? Or a mobile garage?

Need help guys sad.gif

Stan

Ok, changed the f*ucked leads which were held together with insulation tape!!!!! Mad

The noise is still apparent though. It doesnt however seem to be the cylinders. It sounds more like the exhaust outlet at the back of the engine before the exhaust.

It sounds like a loose item rattling, or something knocking and it gets worse with revs, and sometimes goes completely quiet for a few secs.

is there anything that could have come loose?

Any ideas?

Anyone near Blackpool/Preston who could lend an expert ear?

No mate, its defo inside somewhere.

Although I have got some history.

The lad I bought it from (I know him) had the bottom end go a few months ago due to a burst pipe.

He had it repaired at a garage (on the cheap), and also the head was skimmed and the gasket changed.

Its only since then that this has happened, 300 miles after the work.

Ive had a mate look at it with me, and we both seem to think there is something loose somewhere ie nut or bolt.

So, I am now going to have to get it towed back to Norwich, and get the f*cking cowboys to get it sorted!!!

Its already been back in once for the alternator which they supposedly changed, not working properly, which still isnt working properly!!!

I can see a trading standards issue coming here!!! Any lawyers here??

Cheers for the link mate, however, the noise on my car comes from the rear left, so I dont think its the shifter rod, but I will know for future reference :D

The car is in the garage and hopefully should get looked at soon, so as soon as I know the score I will post details on here. Thanks for looking anyway,

Stan :D

• 1 month later...

zack, 12v vr6's on the mk3 dont have a shifter rod on the manifold.

ideally 'rear left' should be rear passenger side or rear drivers side depending on how you take left.

if left = passenger side (uk cars) then its the timing chain...sort it quick.

if left = drivers side it could be tappets or even the belt tensioner which gets rattley very quickly.