correct price to pay for a corrado vr6 engine thats had work?

its on 119k miles, had headgasket, new head bolts, new valve guides, stem seals, head skimmed, water pump, tensioners and chains. does not come with alternator, thermo housing, starter and oil cooler. has pictures of the work done.

whats the rough price to pay? its going in my golf vr6 2.8 as my engine is smokey!

To give you an idea of what it would cost as I'm doing a similar thing at the moment, head rebuild with skim, valve guides stem seals and new lifters £360. Tensioners and chains around £190, + obviously the 2.9 engine and labour to put it all together you're probably getting on for, or more than likely well over £1000. If I were confident that the engine was a good'un and all the above had been done I think I wouldn't be afraid to give £500 or maybe more for it. I know you can buy a good runner 2.8 for probably £150 of ebay or whatever, but you'd want to at least put new chains on that + whatever else it might need. Hope that helps!

Edited by bennyk

To give you an idea of what it would cost as I'm doing a similar thing at the moment, head rebuild with skim, valve guides stem seals and new lifters £360. Tensioners and chains around £190, + obviously the 2.9 engine and labour to put it all together you're probably getting on for, or more than likely well over £1000. If I were confident that the engine was a good'un and all the above had been done I think I wouldn't be afraid to give £500 or maybe more for it. I know you can buy a good runner 2.8 for probably £150 of ebay or whatever, but you'd want to at least put new chains on that + whatever else it might need. Hope that helps!

the guy is putting a R32 engine in his corrado, seems pretty genuine and he is one of the more mature aged owners shall i say!!

you not re-newing your valves benny?