Hello from Cheltenham

Yeah, that's a pita the 4mo has given up already. I certainly would consider one of these as my daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a massive pity this has happened!  Great cars and the other one in the family has been faultless since new in 2003!

Hi and welcome to the club Ben.

She certainly looks a tidy motor mate. Hope you get to the bottom of your issues.

If you need any advice there's lots of friendly members who will certainly help.

Thank you VR6CABBS, 

very tidy for the age and price I got her for,

Narrowed it down to the clutch release bearing with the help of kind forum members, next job is to find a good deal for a local garage,

The joys! 

Cheers

Stick with it Ben, they all have niggles here and there but once ironed out they are great motors.

I've had 2 mk4 r32s in the past and they were both faultless. Same goes for my old faithful mk3 VR, couple of niggles here and there but 99% of the time she doesn't let me down.

Welcome mate :)

I'm sure  once you have sorted out the niggles you will fall in love with her!

What problem are you currently having? Perhaps start a thread in the forum for advise :)

Hopefully see you at a show soon!

Pete

Thank you both :)

Currently suspected clutch release bearing  :unsure:

Discussing it with other members @ http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/45828-4motion-great-start-to-the-new-year/

Garage have now got it, and should know the bill in a few days!

Cheers,

Ben

It's not a case of being worth it, get it changed while the box is out, don't ever take a box out and not change a clutch UNLESS you know for a fact it was done recently. Downtime and labour costs if it goes in the near future far out way the cost of doing it in one hit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May be worth dropping a clutch in it Ben while the box is out.

Get them to have a nosey at it mate.

It's not a case of being worth it, get it changed while the box is out, don't ever take a box out and not change a clutch UNLESS you know for a fact it was done recently. Downtime and labour costs if it goes in the near future far out way the cost of doing it in one hit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers both  :)

The fly wheel and clutch release bearing failed..

Quoted £1024 which is for the flywheel, clutch & bearings etc,

Not a brilliant start to the year, but at least I'll know a little more about the situation under the bonnet!

Do some research into using a solid flywheel Ben, itl be less than half the cost of a dual mass and ultimately can take more power if your going down that route

I sadly told the garage to go ahead as per standard spec prior to hearing recommendations of a single mass flywheel, I have no plans yet to get any more power out of the 4motion, so I assume DMF should be good for years to come? 

Hi Ben, I'm also Ben and also in Chelt! I can heartily recommend http://www.bondimparts.co.uk/ for repairs and servicing. My mate Jonny there has been working on my VR for years, for its previous owner also. It's run by a guy into classics and drag racers. Very honest outfit.

Hi Hutch! I will bear them in mind when looking for work in future, 

Where abouts in Cheltenham are you?

• 3 months later...