Hey so I'm quite new to the vr6 game, this morning it was rather cold below 0*C.. I tried to start the car and it just kept cranking and wouldn't start! I know it's not the battery because it's cranking.. It seems like a fuel related problem, so I read a few threads and saw that maybe it could be a faulty coolant temp sensor.. I removed the plug on the blue sensor and same problem it wouldn't start? I then plugged it in when I got home and it through a fault regarding the g62 sensor. Could this be the problem or is it just because I unplugged it and turned the ignition on? I really need some help as this is my daily :'( thanks guys

It would still start with a faulty coolant sensor.

Make sure fuel pump is running with ignition and supplying fuel to the rail.

If it's getting fuel pressure at the rail, move onto spark. Is it sparking etc.

If you've read the codes and it's not showing cam or crank sensor issues then if be looking at either a fuel supply or spark issue.

Get a spare plug, pull a lead off, put spare plug into the lead and hold the thread of the plug against earth. Crank it over it should spark.

If nothing there it could be an immobiliser issue.

Also worth pulling the plug off number 1 injector, using a test light in the pins, it should show a pulse when the engine is cranking which means the injectors are getting the correct signal from ecu.