Now I know this topic might come up alot and that I should just search. Oh well. Lol

AnywAys, i got my chains done (Upper and lowers) and got the car back today. I went to pick it up, turned it on and it sounded like a subie. No CEL and it idles fine. Couple of buddies looked at it and its not plugs or coilpack. I havent check the spark plugs but they said it could be the timing. Im thinking that also. A puff of black smoke came out when i was shifting gears on the highway (all of them) I had my brother behind me and he told me. The car drives fine it just doesnt sound right or feel right you know?

Anyone know what this could be? im bringing it back tomorrow to the shop but would just let to get an idea.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going back to the shop tomorrow to tell them and see if they can fix it asap. Not sure how bad it is to drive like this. Right when i turned it on I knew the timing was off. I was just hoping I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrCypherr

I'd say it's more than one tooth out, if it's just the one tooth car wouldn't miss fire as such nor sound like Jap, So you've checked plugs and coil pack, have you actually looked at the HT leads at all? Just double check them as we'll, as I had one that was arching, number 6, caused same problem.

Edited by MJ Vr6

The idle and everything is steady. But there is loss of power after 3k rpm. I'm going to check the main engine connector terminals, and the HT leads.

If Idle is steady, the car deffo aint missing then, you'd hear it as soon as you start.

What HT leads are using mate?