Advice in achieving max power N/A

Hiya guys I would appreciate any advice that I can get on achieving max power N/A on my vr engine. At moment everything is standard apart from a 6 branch mani to straight through exhaust complete. So was wondering what type of upgrades are needed from cams etc to achieve that goal. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Whats your goal for bhp? Pete is probably you best bet as I think his carrado is the highest na vr on the forum. But big money to do it. But here is what ive picked up from here and know from older projects.

First off the 6 branch on a vr6 has very limited gains as the ports are un equal aparently there is only one company thats actully managed a exhaust manifold with gains. Never looked into which company because its so pricey.

But heat is an enemy so heat wrap it up to lower you engine bay temps!

Mk4 metal head gasket is a cheep way to higher the compresion of the engine more compresion helps with the bangs.

After market lightened flywheels make a big difference to how a vr feels anything lighter than 9 pounds becomes a pain to live with. But remember even tho it feels more revy and responsive you loose touque.

Cams, well if you staying na then go crazy but again becomes a pain in the ass in traffic 182's are lumpy idle and high end revs to see the benefits. As you want to go na aswell bang in a set of uprated valve springs to prevent valve bounce when screaming in the high revs

Shrick manifolds get that low end punch in touque which the vr lacks. Exspensive but worth while im still in the market for one myself but theyre around 700 to 1000 depending on the finish and if you have the control box.

Re maps are your best friend. Vince can sort you out somthing to get all you mods working together nicely! But do it once the harware is installed as it can add up!

Blue printing the bottom end all rods and pistons made to the same weight with a balanced crank and arp studded rods help with high revving

Then head work. But its abit of a art to get a vr 12valve head to flow better leave this to the pros as you can take off too much and loose power.

Good luck mate and sorry for my poor spelling any questions just ask.