questions for the engine masters

1.the pipe that goes between the crankase breather and the induction pipe has a plug on it mine has a capacitor across it any 1 no why??

2.got a bonrath power rohr it doesnt fit n e one got n e tips for how to fit it

3.is the engine spose to sit level or at a slight slope

4.i have one wire i dont no were it goes its by the dizzy cap is it for the cars that camre with coil pack cos there is no were for it to go unless ive lost it during the rebuild

any help would be ace

I can help you with number 1, 2 and number 3

1) I suspect it's possibly one of them nasty "20BHP + increase mods" that you get on ebay, these come as a form of resister and fools the car in thinking it's taking in more air (from what i beleive)

2) I've got one on mine, the rubber piped that goes from the oil breather to the power rhoar dont fit properly at all, I ended up going through a box of "S" shaped hosing until i fount one that fitted snugly (pics to follow)

3) Yes, it does sit slighty on a slope, if you look level at the engine it slopes slightly towards the auxily pullies and slopes to the front of the car.

1) That 'thing' in the breather hose is a dummy on UK cars. On American cars it's a heater. Putting a capacitor on a dummy bit of plastic will achieve precisely squat. Or is the cap bridging the connector terminals?

2) Sell it on eBay, they do bugger all.

3) Slight Slope. It tilts down at the gearbox end, perfectly normal.

4) God knows. If the engine runs OK, shouldn't worry about it. It might be something technicians use when testing.

kevhaywire is right about the dummy plug. it's only used on the u.s. cars, i've got rid of mine.

is the extra plug you have a 2 or 3 wire plug? looking at the pic the plug is at the rear of engine.

if it's a 3 wire one it could plug into the gearbox for the speedo.

if it's a 2 wire then it might be for the electric water pump.

• 3 weeks later...