Metallic noise on acceleration

Evening, not my car but my mates mk3 1995 vr6 has developed a noise on acceleration sounding like a metallic rattling type of noise, ive had a look but its hard to diagnose, it kind of happens on hard acceleration and sounds like metal catching metal.....any idea or experiences on this please?

cheers

mine had a big shunt when you went on and off throttle with the old mounts, enough movement and you could make the intake hit the bonnet or slam panel, i saw proof it hit when i painted my dipstick loop red and it hit the slam panel and ground the red off each side.

Edited by Lukey.

When this happened on a older car I had. It jerked so hard it ripped the gearlever my hand.

mine had a big shunt when you went on and off throttle with the old mounts, enough movement and you could make the intake hit the bonnet or slam panel, i saw proof it hit when i painted my dipstick loop red and it hit the slam panel and ground the red off each side.

That did make me Lol hearin that, but ouch! Bet that made a bang...

Yeah check your mounts. Have a look for cracked, dried out rubbers, bent bolts linking these?

Could not be the problem but free to look .