Improved sound from decat?

Hi fellow vr lovers,

I currently have a miltek cat back system and cda air box fitted. Sounds very nice under load but I would like to get abit more of the vr burble note through, I was wondering if anyone out there has found a noticeable difference to the exhaust note after fitting a decat pipe? I've searched the forum but not found much about sound before and after....

Cheers in advance.

I've ran an exhaust with a decat and currently running a miltek with the cat on, I've not yet ran the same exhaust with the cat on and off so can't give an accurate comparison, but i deffinately noticed a difference running an exhaust with the cat on again, deffinately sounded like it was missing something, a lot more of a softer sound, but with it being a different exhaust it's hard to say how much down to that, can't wait to get my decat back on, on the miltek though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ran an exhaust with a decat and currently running a miltek with the cat on, I've not yet ran the same exhaust with the cat on and off so can't give an accurate comparison, but i deffinately noticed a difference running an exhaust with the cat on again, deffinately sounded like it was missing something, a lot more of a softer sound, but with it being a different exhaust it's hard to say how much down to that, can't wait to get my decat back on, on the miltek though

Hi and thanks for reply,

I think the cat must be deadening the pulsing/ burble sound of the engine somewhat, I'm just not sure how much by? I really like the sound of the miltek. Not too loud or raspy..... A nice deep factory tuned sound. I've watched videos on YouTube and some people have got the vr rumble coming through really well.... Mabe someone will be along soon who have recently fitted a decat pipe and could give us more info.. :)

As soon as mines running again and through it's mot I'll be wacking the decat back on so I'll do a before and after vid Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great, iv just brought a decat pipe so will probably be trying it myself when i have time. i look forward to your before and after video  :)

Hi lukey.. don't get me wrong iv got some warble but i know it could be better listening to others.. what exhaust are you running out of interest?

It's a Jetex cat back, I drove with the windows down tonight and I can catch a glimmer of warble every now and then lol, most or the time it just sounds like a smooth in line 6 though. Still sounds good and everyone always turns and looks so it must sound good lol

That would be great, iv just brought a decat pipe so will probably be trying it myself when i have time. i look forward to your before and after video :)

Hi lukey.. don't get me wrong iv got some warble but i know it could be better listening to others.. what exhaust are you running out of interest?

Sounds like you will have yours in before I get the chance to refit mine! For warble the best set up was when I got my current vr it had the cat on, scorpion back box and the rear silencer removed and a pipe welded in it's place, but it was way to loud for me but did warble lovely.

Sounds like you will have yours in before I get the chance to refit mine! For warble the best set up was when I got my current vr it had the cat on, scorpion back box and the rear silencer removed and a pipe welded in it's place, but it was way to loud for me but did warble lovely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol yes but its not going to help my burble warble sitting on my bed.... i struggle for time to fit the parts i have brought to the car.... i will soon need another shed to put them in as the one is currently overflowing. :lol:  and thanks guys i overlooked  the 6 branch manifolds :wacko:  only thing is im hoping to go turbo in the near future so not sensible to invest in one at the mo...