If you want a 6speed then go for the gemini kit from Stealth, bit more expensive than quaife but worth it. Probably about 3k though if you go for that with a diff.

Getting my gearbox removed, rebuilt with quaife, new clutch and refitted came to about 1400. Changing the final drive would add about 200, id probably go for a lightened flywheel and uprated clutch as well if I got it done again, that and changing the 5th cog for a slightly longer one and it would probably be near enough spot on 2 grand.

contacted stealth, they dont do gemini anymore, stealth quoted about 1.7k for the 6 speed and then I'd probably source my own peloquin diff and flywheel. it's already got a brand spanker cluth in it from when i had the chains/head done...

Speak to Vince, he's got a ratio program on his computer but using a G60 3.61 diff, 5th at 4000rpm, drops to 88mph. I think it's about 95 normally? So it's not a drastic drop by any means, but the improved ingear flexibility will be welcomed.

Mine's booked in for a rebuild + 3.61 diff + Quaife ATB in a week or so. I think he's thin on the ground of 3.6 crown wheels, so if you want this mod, book it soon otherwise a new crown from VW will cost you a chunky £200.

If you want more flexibility from the engine in gear, but want to keep the same 5th's relaxed cruising, you can fit a taller 5th.

The 02A does whine a bit though, but it shouldn't be THAT noticable.

[ Edited Tue May 17 2005, 11:02AM ]