Hello, thought since I am now a vr6 driver I'd better get up a build thread !, always loved vr6's and always loved ibizas, had 4 of them over the last few years and always had plans of fitting a vr to one of them, lack of knowledge/funds stopped me before but afyer getting my licence back from Swansea at the start of last year I knew I had the required tool for the job, a nice clean base car was found in Devon, 2 owners low miles full seat history ect.. A Seat ibiza gti 16v in black, I run around in it for a few months while I gathered parts ect.. to prep for the conversion, before taking the car off the road in September 2013 to build my dream car !, since the conversion is pretty much finished now (bar a few details and an mot) I will try and build the thread from the start to finish and anything beyond (not really one for taking many progress photos when I'm working away) pictures to follow and fire me your thoughts.

Cole

Okay so this is the car in question, it was completely stock when I picked it up in march last year.

IMG_18623031280616_zpsab8923c1.jpg

I ran it for a while as a 16v but the desire was always there to vr6 it as I've wanted to do it for years, I bought a full conversion from a guy who had a vr6 in a mk2 golf, I replaced a whole load of seals and gaskets while the engine was on the engine stand before fitting it in the car, back to the photos, from removing the 16v to the almost finished product, please excus the lack of words ill let the pictures do the talking.

Cole

Now even though it doesn't look like it the motor ran in the last picture but it wasn't right it had a constant misfire even though i had replaced all the plugs/leads/Coil ect.. anyway, I eventually got to the bottom of it, turned out to be a broken pulse wire for injector number 4, once I traced the fault and got the engine running pretty sweet I decided it was time to tidy up the lump and bay a bit

Kept the wiring tidy by running in flexible conduit as opposed to ugly tape, and taking inspiration from one of.my favourite films I added some colour to the bay, there is a few little touches missing but can anyone guess the film ?

This is how she sits now with the engine in running and almost ready for its mot, I just need a maf sensor and it's good to go!, hope you all like it, my first ever engine conversion so I'd like to hear all opinions good and bad

Cole

20140116_181317_zps75bfdaf2.jpg

20140115_200857_zps56a19f17.jpg

IMG_20140119_135420_zps42b84e6a.jpg

Thanks mate, yeah there a dieing breed, especially up here in Scotland, not very many of them left !, it was nippy as a 16v but it was always destined for bigger things, the wheels were actually part of a job lot including the engine conversion I picked the while lot up for 430 quid!, a bargain in anyone's book!, it definitely won't be a trailer queen, and as for cheque book bit, I don't trust anyone else to work on my car so not a hope wpuld I pay someone to do it haha!, got a few more things in the pipeline for this, once it has been tested the nitrous system is getting fitted and I am starting to look for turbo parts, things may get slightly out of hand here!

Cole

Thanks lads, glad everyone seems to like it !, got the maf sensor yesterday from Vince12v and it works a treat, now I just need a friendly tester who can overlook the emissions, considered factory colours but I like a bit if being for when the bonnet is open lol, and yep I will definitely be taking her touring the country in show season !