Hi im on a tight budget with my mk2 vr6, im wanting to get an lsd fitted as i want to improve the performance via a supercharger but want the power to be useable, has anyone used OBX? what are the pros n cons? i have also heard about a3.68 final drive? what benefit is this over the standard 1? and finally what should i be expected to pay to fit both of the above? any info greatly appreciated. Ben

Hi, from what i have read the OBX stuff needs shimming and some modification to fit correctly. the 3.68 drops the gearing across the range

eg before 35 in 1st after 30

i have had mine done but also had a diesel 5th gear installed to bring back the 5th gear cruising.

costs are gear box out, new bearings and seals (for rebuild) buying the LSD (upto 800~) you will also need the ARP diff bolts (75) and about 60 quid for the 3.68 as the box is coming out why not do chains and clutch (more money!)

there was someone selling a whole 02a box on the classifieds with all apart from the 5th gear for 950, which is a deal. my box was about 650 all in without the LSD.

good luck

steve

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/43143-vr6-o2a-gearbox-fitted-with-a-peloquin-lsd/?hl=gearbox

Edited by ssaunders