Hi guys. I've been a member for a while now but never got round to doing a members thread so here it is :)

I've owned this Corrado for about 2 years now. I did have another before this one but it was rotten to hell so it had to go! I bought this one for £500 from a guy off of the Corrado forum. It didn't come with much as he originally wanted 1200 for it! I got him to remove the seats, wheels, lights and wipers as they were upgraded lupo ones. I already had a grey leather interior and speed lines ready to be fitted along with all other parts I was missing!

When I got her:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After about a week of driving it I fitted a set of coil overs that I had. Straight away it looks so much better but on the other hand I was sort of enjoying not having to brake for every little bump!

Posted Image

This is what I was driving before! Tbh I wish I'd never sold it! Proper bomb proof tdi

Posted Image

On its first outing to the Isle of Wight for Dub Island

Posted Image

This was taken at the CCGB AGM meet at gaydon auto museum. Great day out with aaaaalll the Corrados :D

Ever since I've owned the car it had a leaking rear crank seal! Oil was leaking from it onto the clutch/flywheel causing the clutch to slip quite a bit. After months of collecting up parts and info on the job I put it in a mates unit and got stuck in!

The list of things to do was:

Timing chains

Guides and tensioners

Clutch

All gaskets

It only took me about a week in total but was only working on it for about 2-3 days. I'm training to be a mechanic at the moment but it is surprising how easy vr's are to work on!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It started first time after I'd got it all back together, which was nice. And then about a month later me and a few mates set off for mivw 13'!

For any of ya who haven't been......seriously...... You need to! It's not just about the show it's just an awesome week in holland (if you go for that long).

The show was epic though! Definitely going again next year!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since then I've had a few little problems but nothing too bad. For a daily driver it's been great, especially as you get a lot of people being negative about them.

Cheers for looking :)

Ben

Ps most my photos go on Instagram if you wanna see

"Benstringer7"

• 2 years later...

Cheers Pete.

Not that much to be honest. It's been rather good!

The clutch slave cyl was leaking, resulting in having to pump up the clutch every morning so that was changed for the 2nd time.

New discs, pads and bearings on the rear as they were looking a bit shitty!

And just the routine services really :)

It's currently off the road as I'm planning to tidy the engine bay up a bit more and do some bodywork I've been meaning to do.

6 hours ago, Benvrg said:

Cheers Pete.

Not that much to be honest. It's been rather good!

The clutch slave cyl was leaking, resulting in having to pump up the clutch every morning so that was changed for the 2nd time.

New discs, pads and bearings on the rear as they were looking a bit shitty!

And just the routine services really :)

It's currently off the road as I'm planning to tidy the engine bay up a bit more and do some bodywork I've been meaning to do.

Awesome mate. It's good when they run well with minimal problems. 

What body work needs doing?

mine is still off the road but hoping get it sorted out soon 

Yeah it's great :) I've been using it daily for the last 4 years and it's never really wanted for anything!

I've got a couple of holes on the front of the rear arches near the sills. Been meaning to get it done but I'm being lazy! I want to get the rear arches rolled a bit so I thort I'll get it all done at the same time!

What have you got to do to yours? You've slapped a charger on it haven't you? Or is that what u need to do!