Evening all.

I've just got home & decided to take the Golf out for a run. I unlocked it with the fob as normal, got in, switched on the ignition & everything lit up like normal. I turned the key to start it & there was a load of clicking from behind the dash, the starter motor whirred then all the lights went off & the clock reset back to 0:00.

It's been stood for about 2 weeks & this bloody weather has been nasty..... Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be something simple like a low charge in the battery or is it likely something more sinister?

Cheers

Jamie

Pretty sure you'll be fine! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too mate. At the moment she's running fine, I've done about 200miles in her since I found the crack without any sparking or miss firing. It may have just been cos she'd been stood for nearly 3 weeks in the wet without running.

I'm going to get the coil pack at the end of the month & see how it goes.

And Pete..... I did that when I bought the car & she wasn't impressed when I came home with it, something along the lines of

"why do we have another old golf sitting outside?! Are you going to lose a load of money on this one too?"

I don't think I'll get away with bringing parts home for a while so I'll get them delivered to my parents & fit them when I go visiting ;)