• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this has happened over the last two weeks: • I became a father to a beautiful baby girl • I became the proud owner of a mk2 Golf GTi So let's skip the baby part and get onto the part you guys want

So after all that fuss of wanting to sell it, today i ordered the following:   KW V1 coilovers Eibach front and rear anti roll bars Raceland Exhaust Manifold Timing chains and tensioners Sachs clutch

All parts have arrived including the cams, so now it's time to find a weekend with my pal and get it all on the car!!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have a couple of pictures as it's finally back from the body shop after a small issue of the doors rubbing the front wings on both sides.

I've got a couple of pictures at the end but as i've said many a time, it certainly isn't clean and you can clearly see the difference in the colour of the wings and the rest of the car, DanielH was going to polish it for me but had an accident at work, so I'm gonna let him recover before making him do it lol.

Anyway, now that it's back from the body shop it's going off to another pal of mine Matt who is going to fit my short shift for my gears as at the moment the throw is so long i can't be bothered to change gear. He's also going to have a look at my suspension as it's knocking quite a lot. Once that's done, it needs polishing, the side skirts put on, new tyres and then geo set up.

The reason for the knocking suspension…

IMG_1623_zpsc96b52c5.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsf7609eb6.jpg

Into the body shop:

IMG_1512_zpsc7e72fff.jpg

Rusty wing held together with paint:

IMG_1525_zpsa6c60d0e.jpg

The reason for the rusty wing was there was half a farm hidden behind it:

IMG_1510_zpsdc9d57e6.jpg

The other wing was made of filler:

IMG_1511_zpsb9a4e9ec.jpg

Primer and paint time:

IMG_1519_zps091e9d9e.jpg

IMG_1522_zps83174450.jpg

IMG_1524_zps4dd3ece4.jpg

IMG_1523_zpsabe6cbe2.jpg

Back at home today:

IMG_1642_zps86a1e4ed.jpg

IMG_1643_zps4f03a00a.jpg

And a picture some of you will be happy about:

IMG_1644_zps84c9fc58.jpg

IMG_1526_zpsabda88bc.jpg

Soooo today was a dry day for us in Kent...

I got these pictures last night:

IMG_1645_zpsbaff5ed6.jpg

IMG_1646_zpse5f9458e.jpg

Then this morning I got this picture:

IMG_1649_zpsede708d7.jpg

Everything else that was being done (short shifter, suspension set up) was done too.

So I now have HID's in projector morette headlights with tinted fog, indicator and american style side lights as well as the car handling sooooo much better now!!

While all this was being done, a few other faults were found, my PCV Breather Valve Diaphragm is split which explains the lumpy idling and my air filter that is a few months old has also split!!! So these are next to be done on pay day.

A few things have been said about the different colours of my wings compared to the rest of the car and I completely agree with them not looking the same colour, I've spoken to the garage and they're going to try a few things to get them to match (full detail mopping and polishing) and if they can't get that to work they are going to respray them all for me.

I'd b taking that straight back to the shop in fact it wouldt of left if it was my car no amount of mopping will get it looking the same there a completely different colour mate :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy who did it for me is a mate and as I said before he was involved in an accident at work the start of this week and has said as soon he is back to full health he'll sort it out for me so I'm not stressing just yet.

Yeah I'm going to see how mopping etc goes first and then see what they suggest to try next.

So this is my most recent to do list:

To be done:

Pressed numberplates
Pollen filter
Windscreen
Front and rear anti roll bars
Side skirts need fitting
New tyres
Poly bushes all round
Turbo
263 cams (stealth racing)
Remap (stealth racing)
Wheels spacers
Sub
Roof lining to be re-glued

Done:

Sidelights
Windscreen wipers
Goodridge braided brake hoses
Rear discs and pads
EBC red stuff brake pads (front)
Mtec drilled and grooved discs (front)
Numberplate bulb housing
Numberplate bulbs
Mtec headlight bulbs
Side repeater housing
Mtec fog light bulbs
RamAir Cold Air Filter
FK Coilovers
Gloss black VW badge (front and rear)
Bonnet lifters
Rear wheel bearing kit
Oil filter
HT leads
Fuchs Titan Sintofluid oil
Numberplate lenses
Smoked side repeaters
NGK iridium spark plugs
Hammerite silver paint (callipers)
Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid
Recaro seats (front)
Smoked front indicators/fog units
Rewire indicators and fogs
Front coilovers

Floor mats

Morette's

HID's

Rear wheel bearings

Front wings need replacing
Heater control light bulb

• 2 months later...

So i thought i'd update this as I haven't done much recently except leave it with my pal for more welding and a lot of other stuff....

So the list of things that need to be fixed for the MOT that run out last Monday is as follows:

4 new tyres as mine have rubbed and been cut to sh*t.

New windscreen

2 new front wishbones with polybushes and r32 bushes

2 front ball joints

2 rear abs sensors

Both sills to be welded (about 4 inches each side)

Handbrake cable needs tightening

Rear brakes are binding

Will need a new exhaust too but the current factory one is going to be sorted for MOT and then a new one ordered at the end of April.

Nice one iceman, your bank balance has took a pasting by the looks of things then. Good work, nice to see your progress. So this must be the beastie that's going to the rr day at lakeside then. You've booked me in to roll that day too, perhaps we might be able to make a good car out of the pair come end of the rolling session. :-) If you're swapping the seats out, then I'd be highly interested in the rear seat base as mines got a fag burn in. Keep the photos coming, can't beat a good build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mate, I think its cost me about £3000 since I bought it, plus all this work is gonna add another £600ish to that total!!

I'm just hoping I can get it running for the RR and then for the summer so I can enjoy it lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So, after failing the MOT miserably on the exhaust, I spent a while looking around for something, something that reminded me of the Remus I had on my Astra VXR 'burg... Then i see how expensive a Remus is for a Golf VR6 (upwards of £450), I decided to look elsewhere.

I wasn't sure about it but I YouTube'd it and found a couple of videos and thought that for under £200 I'll give it a go. Sent the link to a pal and asked his opinion, he said I needed a decat for it coz that was just the cat-back.

The decat arrived Monday (ordered Friday) and the exhaust arrived Wednesday, I then remembered I was going to The Takeover meet on Saturday, harassed my pal into fitting it Friday for me on his day off from work.

Heres the video of it on first start up: 

th_IMG_2094_zps15663108.jpg

Here's the video of it being introduced to it's first tunnel: