Swivelonit's MK 4 VR6T 4 Motion

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bbbbbbbbbbbb brembo, its the wierd shiver stutter i get when i say things like cccccccccccc carbon ceramic, sssssssss silicon carbide or aaaaaaaaaaaaa akebono

630cc/min and 60lb/hr are the same thing.   You will need to use them on this, as pretty much everything else doesn't fit. We have off the shelf software for these injectors.   We are currently workin

Most awesome words arranged in a sentence award.

Excellent looking good

All the bits in the box look good, I just hope I can fit them all together to achieve the desired result lol.

Only thing I still have to get are injectors, these will be 630cc I think, 60 lb was also mentioned, so this is still a grey area as to what to buy or find.

Not sure on an exact figure, we have a target of 400bhp, but if I get 300bhp I would be happy, than I can take the next step to 400 and so on, will probably stop at 400-450 though as I am not throwing £000's into this car, it is a bit of fun for the weekend and track days, sprints etc.

We are taking a day by day approach to it and we will just see how it all maps out.

• 3 weeks later...

A little  more weight reduction this afternoon, rear wiper and motor removal, door card and electric window removal too, I estimate at least 10 kilos removed, some of which has been recycled into the Lupo, tweeters and speakers have been listed as Lupo bits now.

I will do the other door tomorrow, also the door can still open via a pull cord like an old Mini.

Rear window looks good too.

10996017904_8917483e37_b.jpg

10996020234_6c8ceb1ddd_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Only thing I still have to get are injectors, these will be 630cc I think, 60 lb was also mentioned, so this is still a grey area as to what to buy or find.

630cc/min and 60lb/hr are the same thing.

You will need to use them on this, as pretty much everything else doesn't fit. We have off the shelf software for these injectors.

We are currently working on something that you might be interested in, its to do with the control of the rear diff. :)

Edited by UnitedMotorsport

Sounds good UM, the turbo fitting keeps being pushed back, the guy who is doing it for me has been turbo'ing a MK 2, this is a full nut and bolt restoration as the owner bought the car new back in the day, instead of swapping it for a modern car he has spared no expense and to be honest the finished article will be a fine piece of kit so I don't mind waiting.

Also at some point this year he has plans to fit a TT-RS motor into a G60 shell along with AWD, target figures are 850 bhp! for this.

I have sourced injectors and when fitted I will be posting you my ECU or trailering the car to you for mapping.

Off to sell a Kidney on ebay to help fund things  :wacko:

Mate, it is a very civilised environment, if somebody is approaching fast behind you simply move to the right and let them past, if you are approaching somebody fast they will move over for you to pass.

All events are well marshalled and I would recommend it to you as it is a really good day out.

Here is some in car footage give you an idea of what happens.

Started to have a clean up of the Brembo's tonight, I used isopropyl alcohol but the black stuff was a bit reluctant to leave, so I had a go with some MEK, that shifted it, kept it away from the rubbers.

I also removed the carriers and de rusted them with a wire brush on the drill, then applied some paint to make them look a bit better, at this stage I am not going to paint the callipers, just get them on and ready for February 21st track day, then when the bit of pad that is left is reduced I will replace the pads and get the callipers made to look pretty!

Before

11822457553_cf1c8b7169_b.jpg

11822947516_ce161b300b_b.jpg

After

11822451473_b6681948e8_b.jpg

11822590534_fd02115647_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Brembo's are now fitted and I have to say it was a really simple mod, an easy removal of the old callipers and discs, also removed the rusted shield thing, and then on with the discs and Brembo's.

Before we bolted everything up tight and took off the brake pipe to the old calliper we trial fitted the wheel, glad we did as it is close, I mean very close! However it does clear the wheel and therefore we carried on.

Once everything was bolted up tight, it was time to bleed them up, nipples were a bit tight so I have ordered some new but for now I managed to open and tighten them enough to get a good flow of brake fluid through them and no bubbles of air.

Best bit was getting down the road to try them, I have to say even compared to the 312mm set up I had, the Brembo 4 pots are immense, easily stopping the car in a very short distance, I am more than happy with this upgrade and would recommend it to anyone.

A few pictures of what we did.

Fitted loose ready for the wheel fit check.

12033300104_9a6a80dc4c_b.jpg

With the wheel on, blinking close!

12033755206_0125ba7be5_b.jpg

About a Gnats cock hair of clearance.

12033757786_dafb83c99a_b.jpg

Looking good.

12033291194_c6fec51174_b.jpg

Braided hoses fit a treat, even the rubber grommets and clips.

12033537853_c8eaa6309d_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think I am becoming a politician........

After a really good day at Oulton Park yesterday with a few fellow Brisky types, some drifting on the corners and a minor ploughing trip on the grass it has got me thinking if I really want to turbo charge the V6 emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

Yesterday, I really got the feel for the car, loads of confidence throwing it in to the corners, closing other cars down on the brakes and only lacking a bit of oomph on the straights, the car was also super reliable, no issues at all, Brembo's performed really well if getting a little hot, they are now brown and not red.

Power increase, I think a head porting session, cams, de cat, performance exhaust and a map might just be enough to give the car what it needs, a little bit more power without any unreliability. Combine this with a bit more weight loss and I think I would have a balanced package, it won't get past boss fox on the track but I would be well in the mix with all the Stage tuned cars.

Decisions, decision......

Here is the car sitting planted yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a maul with the Golf today, removed the rear bumper and disposed of the crash bar, all 11 kilos of it, in the process I dislodged spiders and other hibernating furry animals too, it was filthy behind the bumper.

13037942323_4042138823_b.jpg

13037935673_a60af8e2bb_b.jpg

In addition to removing some rear end weight, I also removed the front bumper and headlights, the headlights are now on the internet for sale as I have bought a set of standard replacement lights as xenons are not needed. I just need to fathom out what wire does what on the loom so I can wire the standard lights in as the connectors are different.  emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

Final thing I did was to fit a cone filter and take it for a blast, it would have been rude not to on such a lovely warm day  emoticon-0178-rock.gif