Can you run a schrick manifold with a turbo?

Hi guys

I'm fitting a vr in to a mk1, with a eurowise kit, and and have a schrick manifold, but was thinking of running a small simple turbo setup, something like a t3/4, and was wondering if it would be possible to use the two together?

I don't see why not, but have never seen it before?

Any advice on this or the set up in general for the mk1 will be greatly appreciated!

Its probably never been done before because the turbo provides a lug more torque so would negate the need for the schrick, Ive seen plenty with a schrick and a supercharger, but like you never with a turbo. So if you don't see the need for the schrick, I know they aren't worth very much so I'll offer you 50 quid for it. ;)

Cheers for the replies guys. I guess what you are saying makes sense, with the manifold changing at the same time the turbo comes in. Any good recommendations for a low pressure turbo and where to get one? There is a kit on ebay for a t3/4 turbo kit that seems cheap, anyone know more about it?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Why do it ? There will be little to none more power, and you will eventually brake the flap/valve. Then try to get that piece used somewhre, or even worse try to buy a new one. The Schrick or VWMS VSR was never designed to get boost, and force boost thru the vacum valve is not a good idea.

Sell the manifold, and use the money on something else.

My opinion.