Newbie from Corrado forum - Looking for V9F install instructions and advice?

Hi there, new to this forum but been a long term VAG nut and Corrado forum member.

I have bought a partially complete VF engineering V9F kit and need a bit of help.

I have.....

The V9F charger

The main bracket that bolts to the 3 belt tensioner holes

Double sided belt

3.2" pulley which is the 6psi one

All the attachments for the oil lines and the actual oil feed line

I dont have any istrucitons and REALLY need these!

Some of the photos I've seen online show an extra idler pulley/bracket near the alternator, but then some photos I've seen of the kit dont have this and so I ahve no idea if I need this for stage 1 or if it is just part of the stage 2 kit?

I don't have any of the intake/boost pipes but I can probably make those if they are not available anymore. I have contacted VF but they are not much help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to get old girl back on the road!

Thanks

Ron

• 5 weeks later...

does yours have aircon? you might be looking at the air con delete bracket ,

the boost pipes are pretty easy to make up , you just need a few silicon hoses and a ali one which you can pick up from ebay

stage 1 is only the pulley (correct me if i am wrong ) stage 2 is pully and bigger injectors and remap and stage 3 is new pully and remap and possible cooling and head gasket

i can take a few pics of mine if you want? send me your number if you have whatsapp and i can zap them over

ryan

What's wrong with the Forced Induction thread on the Corrado forum?

Everyone is a member of all the popular forums these days, but lets not deter people away from here shall we? ;)

So how about contributing to the thread on here as opposed to sending somewhere else.....

This is the second time I've seen you do this mate, and its not very productive.

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum :)

I have the Vortech V1 and V2 installation guide http://www.vr6oc.com/Premium4564893Membership/pdf/vortechinstall.pdf usually these guides are restricted to club members only, but because we are all of the same fold, and being sunny and probably just want the damn thing fitted I've given you the direct link ;)

Hope this is of some use, and answers your questions, and looking forward to seeing this bad boy soon :D Stick around, there's lots of useful information and knowledgeable people on here....

Pete

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Was in the US on holiday for a 14 days......longest break I have had in 5 years, bliss!

Thanks for your replies. I'm doing ok with this and making reasonable headway. Managed to get the instructions for the v9 from VF by writing to them but appreciate you posting them Pete.

I did read the entire forced induction thread in the corrado forum and Kev's v9 write up was a great help but the questions I've asked went unanswered and so I'm hoping you guys can help me.

Vince at stealth has been a legend and gave me good advice over the phone and sold me the remap needed at a good price.

I've managed to get silicone pipes an ALU pipes and can get these welded to make a hard charge pipe and will use silicone for the intake pipe.

I've also dissed out all the oil lines.

Hard bit is the idler pulley for non Ac cars. It is no longer made and I have no idea of its dimensions. I have a few pics but I'd be totally guessing.

Basically if I just new the distance of the centre of the pulley to each of the alternator bolts, then I could calculate it (as long as its a right angle to one of the bolts, which it Los to be in the pics).

Cheers

Ron

What's wrong with the Forced Induction thread on the Corrado forum?

Because VR6OC is better ;)

hahahahahahahahahahaha! Don't beat around the bush there old chap! Never owned a a Corrado myself and that forum is for that model only. This forum is for the 6 pots so I have stayed! Did meet a couple of the lads on the RR day and found them to be really sound..

Antihero1981 that would be bloody awesome if you can!

It's the only bit of the kit I need now (I hope!)

If you could get some square on pics from each side? Might be tough though if mounted on the car.

I appreciate your help, if you did get a chance to measure any of the dimensions, that would be great help. For example the distance between the idler pulley and the alternator bolts going through the bracket. The distance between the alternator pulley and idler pulley, any key distances would be great.

Thanks

Ron

Hi Guys,

Looks like I could do with a bit more help. Many thanks to Antihero1981 for the pictures of the bracket he has but........... this has opened up a new can of worms and I could do with some help clarifying the part identity.

The pictures he's sent me are of this bracket

www.atomhawk.com/webpackages/bracket01.jpg

But I was told by folks on the Corrado forum that this is the bracket for a non AC car

www.atomhawk.com/webpackages/bracket02.jpg

And it is mounted like this

www.atomhawk.com/webpackages/bracket03.jpg

I also found this info on the web and I suspect that the bracket Antihero1981 has is actually the AC bracket shown on the Left?

www.atomhawk.com/webpackages/bracket04.jpg

Anyone know what the score is? My car is non AC. I also read on another forum that for stage 1, you dont even need a bracket (but that may have been for a car with AC)

Thanks

Ron

dude ,

the AC model i think uses a longer belt than the non Ac one , with your diagrams it seems the pulley would be super close to the alternator and leave along bit of the belt unsupported . Like i said your better off to get a air con unit , bolt it on and then not connect it , least you will have it like set up diagram 1 . dont have to mess with with pulleys etc.

Had to put this on the back burner for a bit as I've moved house this week. PLus side is that I now have a double garage which will make my Corrado tinkering more enjoyable ;)

The concern I have with using an AC compressor in place of the idler is that I know the non AC belt that VF uses is exactly the same length as the standard AC belt. But if I use an AC compressor and the V9 I'm guessing I need to use their custom belt which is $100

Unless someone knows the length of the V9 belt for a car with AC (stage 1 V9)?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just to update this thread. We got it all working in the end and didn't need the idler at all, just ran the belt on the inside of the alternator and all seems to be fine so far. Thanks for everyone's help, especially Antihero1981. The pipework and final installation was done my MB motorsport in Hebburn who I highly recomend, they did an awesome job!

Video of it running here