Ok , I have a dilemma ..

The Vr has a loud noise coming from the gearbox . I thought it might be the wheel bearing but I have been reliably informed it is the BOX.

So this puts me in a weird position

Do I :

1.Take the box out and have it repaired and stick it back in ?

2.Try and sell it as is, and look for a replacement ? (who would buy it like that)

3.Buy a highline and swap goodies from this to the new one, then try and flog what I can on ebay?

4.Set it on fire and claim on the insurance? ( not really)

As you can see boys and girls , I have a decision to make the main thing is I wand to drive a VR6 to GTI inters .

What to do ?

6- 800 quid tops for the engine and box.... You'll be a lucky chap if you get anymore- Also depending mileage....

Probably best to just get it repaired- ACF recently had his done by someone on the CGTI forum i think.... Only thing is it more than liklely wont be ready for inters- unless you buy a VR6 box quick time from somewhere and selll yours once its fixed????

im sure the box isnt dead, probs just a daft noise, and if it makes you feel better, i got my box swapped for £150 in a back street garage, all you need to do is have them remove it, and send it to a box recon plae, probs about £300, may even fix it for less. then have the garage put back in, problem solved.

acf . the box is making a very loud grinding noise .. sortof like a tooth or two is missing from the final drive ..

crikey, sounds like the diff's let go.....box will eb scrap if thats what it is.

i have a spare box, but its got a whining diff and worn 2nd gear syncros....so only good for a rebuild.