Dont think this willpolish out

Bad start to the day yesterday, lost the back of the vento on black ice. I was following in a line of traffic, travelling at around 15 - 20 mph, I had already noticed the car infront twitch so I eased off and started to coast, when I got to the same point the back vered towards the passenger side of the road, tried to steer into the slide but it done nothing. I ended up 180 degrees across the road some how missing all the surroundings and slowly gliding to a halt. The van travelling behind me managed to stop. The transit coming the other way however had a bit more speed behing him and I could see from a good distance away his wheels where locked up and there was no real reduction in speed. Needless to say it seemed an age but the van smashed into the passenger side of the vento. Totally gutted, this is my second VR6 and this one by far my favorite car. I took it around Brands hatch last year and had an amazing time. I'm sure the engine will find a new home in a new project car soon but for now he is looking very sad for himself. I'm ok, got 2 scratches from flying glass and really ache today but have a really dented pride. :-(

2013-03-12120622_zps42e7ff5f.jpg

During better times

182157_10151124113409254_2140458063_n_zpsc7f70f12.jpg

Sure I will be back in a Vr sooon

Thanks guys.

Project wise I like the idea of a mk2 Jetta VR6. Failing that we have a mk3 GL that may be another donor car and I will get another family car. It all depends on the insurance payout really.

I will look back here when it comes to breaking an see who has first dibs ;)

Don't worry I will be trying to get the best I can, the guy I was speaking to at the insurance company agreed it was rare. My expectation is already low so I can only be impressed, the way I have come to terms with it.

Blimey, the passenger doors are going to be expensive with this much interest in them lol