VR6OC ANNUAL CHRISTMAS MEAL! - Saturday December 15th 2012!

We have arranged another VR6OC Christmas meal!! :D

It will be held on Saturday 15th December from 6.00pm onwards with the meal at 7pm. The venue is The Lydiard Beefeater Restaurant in Swindon www.beefeatergrill.co.uk/content/beefeater/restaurants/swindon/the-lydiard.html

This mini meet, to help get us through the lonely 'show-free' winter months, has been a great success with club members and as the Billing event did not go ahead this year there will be some trophies up for grabs, so please bring your timing slips for the following categories...

Fastest VR6 or V6 powered car

Fastest Forced , Turbo or supercharged (including N/A with NOS) 2 Wheel Drive.

Fastest Forced , Turbo or supercharged (including N/A with NOS) 4 Wheel Drive.

Fastest Normally Aspirated (N/A) 2 Wheel Drive.

Fastest Normally Aspirated (N/A) 4 Wheel Drive.

There will also be a Secret Santa gift exchange and every member should bring a small gift £5 maximum spend to go into the "hat" just to keep it nice and tacky! ;) Don't forget the club rules....

We have provisionally booked a table for 20 people (more can be added) and at the moment (for a limited time only) there is a special deal with the hotel next door for rooms for only £19 a night (room only pre-pay). SO BOOK NOW! Swindon West Premier Inn www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/SWILYD/swindon-west

If you want to come, all are welcome, :) please send me a deposit of £5 (paypal gift preferred) before 5th November (Remember remember!) and pm me with your choice of the following meal selection....... don't forget to tell me what you want with your pudding! :)The total price will be £18.50 for 3 courses. You will pay the remaining £13.50 on the 15th December.

Starters

A - Roasted Tomato and Double Cream Soup (v) Served with half a baguette and butter

B - Prawn Cocktail Juicy prawns served on a bed of salad leaves topped with Marie Rose sauce, served with sliced buttered brown bread

C - Chicken and Liver Herb Pâté Served with toasted brown bread and a rich fig, date & rum chutney

D - Mushroom Rarebit (v) A grilled flat mushroom stuffed with a Cheddar cheese rarebit topped with rocket leaves

E - Melon Medley (v) Served with a festive Port sauce

Mains

A - Hand-Carved Roast Turkey Served with roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, Yorkshire Pudding, carrots, garden peas, honey-roasted parsnips, chipolata, onion & sage stuffing and gravy

B - 7oz* Rump Steak with a Festive Sauce brushed with garlic glaze and served with half a grilled tomato, a grilled flat mushroom, an iceberg wedge topped with blue cheese and crumbled Stilton and bottomless chips upgrade to Sirloin steak for £2.00 extra

C - Salmon Fillet with a Herb & Crème Fraîche Crumb served with buttered potatoes, tender stemmed broccoli and Béarnaise sauce

D - Chestnut, Goats’ Cheese & Red Onion Roulade (v) Served with roasted potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, seasonal vegetables, and a winter fruit gravy

Desserts

A - Christmas Pudding (v) Served warm with brandy sauce and finished with a choice of ice cream, cream or crème fraîche

B - Profiteroles (v) Served with chocolate & orange sauce and finished with a choice of ice cream, cream or crème fraîche

C - Mince Pie Ice Cream Sundae (v) Dairy ice cream made with spiced fruits and shortbread, topped with a whip of cream and a chocolate wafer twirl

D - Irish Cream Liqueur Cheesecake (v) Served with cream

E - Ice Cream (v) Topped with a choice of chocolate flavour fudge sauce or raspberry sauce

List :-

1. tonyVRT

2. tonyVRT's +1(The Kate)

3. Bungy

4. Sonia

5. VR6Pete

6. caddyslammed

7. hvr6

8. B19DRG (Dan)

9. squidge vr6 (Lauren)

10.Mitch

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete it will be great to meet you! :)' date=' looking forward to this! :)

Helen, can i bring my bird? ;)

[/quote']

You too buddy, I am actually a real person!! honest!!

Sometimes I have to ask this about you lol....been a few years since i last saw you myself

I cant commit to it but would like to come for sure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...