Six in a mk2 alot quicker than a mk3?

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you. When I had my mk2 vr6 it wa stripped out and felt silly quick infact almost brutal but I have jut got a standard mk3 and it's so lazy. Well it feels it I'm not sure if it's because of all the soundproofing and the extra weight of the mk3 but the mk2s are quicker.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to try the Vr6 in the mk2 and it was certainly a bit disappointing, it started with not making the test day so each run was to be a test and fault find

1st run we ran 14.1 @ 93mph (we forgot to change the tacho wires to tell it shes a 6 cylinder)

2nd run 13.8 @ 93mph (moving in the right direction shifting at 6k)

3rd run 14.1 @ 93mph (tried a 6.5k shift light but that was over the limiters)

4th run 13.7 @ 95mph (6.3k limiter set, good launch and good gears)

5th run 14.2 @ 88mph (missed 4th gear and was on the trailer)

Every run was a 1.8 60ft which is good considering the slicks are well past their best

Looking at the gearbox ratios we're on the limit to what it will run All Motor. I'm shifting into 4th just past the 1000ft to far away not to shift and it still pulls strong in 4th so it's just a case of power.

I've fitted the 263cams, so think it really needs to have a session on the dyno to squeeze out any extra hidden ponies. Although the car is very smooth and doesn't miss a beat. Or is there anything else I have missed?

Hi mate.

Suppose you need to find your baseline, get a power run first of all see where you stand, the schimmel 263's have given some great results on the corrados with a remap, some making 21BHP after a mapping session at Stealth Racing.

If your running below expected power after just a dyno run, VCDS might give you some useful information, most places would have VCDS running when doing the run to collect some data which could show a failing sensor or something else :)

As it is an "unknown" engine, you just don't know how healthy it is until you see some figures and go from there ?

It's an 97 AAA motor coil pack so assume Obd2

Yeah I know 13.7 is not to shabby for a All Motor car but lower times started to creep in my head, I'm sure it will come down with a remap and when it starts to loosen up and learn its new way of life.

Turbo would be nice, selling the car would be nicer, only did the conversion to hopefully aid the sale, as the vr6 has more tuning potential.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...