Hi all, this is my first post on here, but will hopefully have many more.

I'm going to look at a vr6 later on today, and hopefully going to become the proud new owner of one.

I've already read the buyers guide, but this is the first one that I have looked at, and I was just wondering if there was any direct tips you could give me.

Kind regards

Joe

Thanks for the replies.

I know that you shouldn't really buy the first one that you look at, but I have been looking at them for a few months now, and read lots of threads on here.

I have already got the buyers guide to hand so I will be checking things off against it.

Thanks for that APD, and any more useful tips anybody has got would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

If you have access to VAG-COM id advise running it through the car...

make sure that the ABS light comes ON and OFF... if it doesnt come on at all, id suspect a previous owner has removed / disconnected the bulb..

do you have any links for the advert for the car, or anymore information about it? year ? spec? etc...

re the ABS light, if it doesnt light up you can also pry the plastic part easily from the dash with your fingers and see if they unplugged the connector/it became unplugged for any reason, then do the ignition test again and see if it functions correctly.

If there is chain rattle you will know, it would sound like shaking a jar of marbles, feint ticking isnt bad chains

Take a good thorough look under if you can, check the floorpan for rust generally but mainly sills and floor bungs, there is likely there might be some rust on the arches under the extensions, but you cant really rip the extensions off to have a look.

It looks tidy and original, even down to the battery cover, and from the list it looks like the last garage that serviced it had a keen eye

Just to update everyone, we bought the car. Managed to get him down to £850.

The initial look and test drive was really good.

The abs light stays on, but we think it is just the sensor.

The drivers footwell has coolant, which from reading the buyers guide is most likely the heater matrix.

Also there is a slight oil leak under the engine but it doesn't seem to severe.

I'll upload a few pics as soon as I get a chance.

Overall very happy with the purchase.

Joe

Drove it back from rochester to sheffield, near on 5 hours with lots of traffic.

On the motorway it cruises at 70mph. And on the A roads it really comes into it's own.

Can't describe how much I love this car already!

dcvjg4.jpg

161jjhc.jpg

As I mentioned earlier on, there are a couple of us who have bought this to do a bit of work on, and go on a few road trips in, and I can't wait for our first one now :)

WOW a community owned VR, now that’s GOTTA help with the running costs...........

Dash out for the heater matrix I’m afraid, there’s a guide for that in premium members section.

So what plans for the beast then? Other than road trips!! Is it gonna be lowered, exhaust, filter etc or just used?