Gurgling noise behind dashboard, suggestions.

have noticed a strange noise.

it happens after a journey when the car begins to cool down, perhaps after 5mins or so. inside the car I can hear water gurgling around in the system. sounds like its behind the dashboard.

Last month I replaced cylinder head gasket and had it skimmed because it was losing coolant. that issue has been solved and no coolant is now leaking. auxiliary water pump has also been replaced and thermostat, and housing. New crack pipe etc etc.

is this now going to be the heater matrix???

my interior carpets aren't wet just got this strange noise. seems to be one thing after another at the minute.

did you bleed the system? could just be an airlock in the matrix

My thoughts there.....With a cold system remove cap and top up as required. Run the engine till warm with the cap off, when fluid starts to rise, put the cap back on. Whilst running the car and waiting for the system to heat up, put the heat selector onto hot and the blower on to full. After the cap is back on, turn off motor and wait for it to cool down, check level. I actually had to drive mine for just over 200 miles and wait till the next morning to get all the air out of mine.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought when bleeding the system you had to have the heaters on max have the coolent cap off, then start the engine up then let it warm up till the fans come on then once the fans have turned off, turn the engine off then thats it ! thats what i have looked up in the past and it is a right bitch air in the system i just hear it as a relaxing thing now like a water fall for like 2 mins ! lol

it does sound like air in the system. but thought I bleed it properly. perhaps I'll have another go.

dickyvr6 have you recently changed your fluid or has it just started for no reason..?

Ive had my vr nearly 2 years now i can remember it doing it ages ago when the i switched the engine off just after a good run out, but now its just doing it all the time since i put new coolant in. So it must be an airlock. Still havent had time to do mine but i should be having a go in the morning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mines done! Worked a treat!

Nice, I've been wondering about this same issue myself. Do you mind posting a quick guide on what exactly you did? ie heaters on, cap off, start car etc? Would love to get this sorted but never had to do anything like this before.

Thanks.