TS... A cry for help pretty please!, now with pics.

Ok i havent asked before specifically but many of you have been awesome in helping me out with my VR ;).

But here i am, requiring help in time for UD.......

Just took my car to a bodyshop, to organise the wheel refurb and a couple of touch ups, popped the bonnet to show the nice Supercharger, and was greeted by oil..... sprayed about, mainly downwards for some reason...?.

Well as it stands this is a problem, oil level seems to be ok, and it looks reminiscant of the oil spray/leak that was apparent in jakes vento the day we took the charger off, those of you there will remember, and Bungy did a great repair/reseal job on the charger so we could get it back on my car that same day.

It does look to be the same problem.... suggestions and any assistance welcome please!, (Bungy, Paul, Jake etc :) . ).

Obviously we are heading fast towards just 2 weeks left till UD.....

HELP !! ;)

cheers guys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this pic illustrates quite well that it looks like the oil is coming from the bottom side of the seal.....

There is no oil sprayed about with force anywhere, i mean none on the bonnet or belt, or on the engine block or bracket, just on the charger near the seal, underside of the charger, and its very wet on the chassis leg, under the charger, engine oil level is slightly down. I think this must have happened in the last 100 miles or so, and i have done nothing untoward to cause it i dont think....

IMG_2214.jpg

This pic shows underneath the charger, the oil return i believe, it doesnt look like it has been leaking....

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

Hoses look pretty dry...

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

cheers

clean the oil off' date=' leave headlight out, top the oil up and run it see if you can see where it is coming from dude then you will know if its the seal, oil feed or return etc etc

[/quote']

thanks Tony, i'll do that ;).

Just been out and took the tension off of the belt, and managed to get the belt off the charger pulley...

IMG_2217.jpg

I can feel no play at all in the shaft, feels gooooood :).

Seems a little bit strange for the new seal to have gone already but I wouldn't discount it. Give it all a clean up and run whilst watching to see where it is coming from. At least you have another seal just in-case. Bit disappointing though.