Hey all!! With the MOT about to expire on the golf and with ongoing running issues i had to take her off the road untill a decision was made on next steps, shes now safely tucked up at the back of a driveway in limbo

63cc9f53.jpg

This meant needing to get another car, so the seach was on with a deadline of 2 weeks, I had already decided that i wanted to get a TDi and wanted to stay vag so the hunt was on. Searched and searched autotrader serveral times a day but only a few cars stood out to be worth looking at. The first 3 cars i went to view had sold before i even go chance to get to the garage, then finally a Seat Leon TDi 130 popped up, all seemed good on the surface, full leather etc, but then on the test drive the turbo packed in.... needless to say i avoided that one. Next up was another Leon that id heard about from a friend of a friend, was goin cheap but had really high miles, went to view anyway, the car was a good drive but needed work on the body to be a good enough to be on any Vagowners stand so had to rule that one out.

By now time was running out so started to look at smaller engined petrol cars, searched most of the local dealers but not a lot really stood out except an Audi A3, 1 owner, 95k, half leather etc etc, looked at some views on the tinterweb of the garage selling it to be welcomed with some rather worrying stuff, but time was running out so took the plunge to go see it anyway, all looked straight, few car park dings but show me a car that hasnt, took it for a drive n instantly decided against it, clutch was on its was out and then in the middle of Hanham it broke down, turned out to be a simple lack of fuel but the guage was reading 1/4 tank, with its issues and the garage reviews it was a big NO!

2 days to go before the VR had to come of the road and was getting desperate, time to up the budget and start searching again, newer, better cars were popping up now but all high miles so was really unsure, then late thursday night i find something a little further afield but definalty worth seeing, off we went to go see, Was a little bigger than i was intending to get but time was short, it pretty much ticked all the boxes, TDi, Climate Control, heated seats etc etc, test drive was good, engine pulled well, turned corners fine, no strange noises. It was decision time, we spent nearly 2 hours at the garage, looking round making sure everything worked etc etc, everntually we took the plunge and parted with the cash, unfortunaly there was a curveball thrown in and i couldnt take the car there n then, the garage were gonna service, MOT and tax it before i had it, never the less we bought it anyway under the condition it was delivered to me by the end of the next week (can only con lifts for so long), and on wednsday afternoon it arrived...

Guys meet the new girl

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

51851efa.jpg

85debc2d.jpg

59876f26.jpg

2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport

114k, full service

cambelt changed 20k ago... by Audi

Dual Climate

Zenons

Genuine RS4 Alloy upgrade from new

yada yada yada

Its a comfortable drive, relatively stiff for a standard suspension set up, pretty quick for such a big car and when driving like a grandad really impressive MPG for a 2.5 V6 so really enjoing it!

Current plans are NONE except towbar removal! Am liking using roads i had to avoid in the VR and not constantly havin to avoid pot holes lol

But never say never i guess, already heard about the RS4 RARB upgrade lol

Anyway thanks for reading, all coments welcome, good or bad!

Does look good. I noticed it on FB but forgot to say something.

We cannot no mod any car that we own.....and I mean ALL of us lol

Im sure i will eventually but for now its stayin as it is lol

Get a remap that would really improve it. looks really good though.

Ive heard bad things about remapping these so dont think ill bother

Does look good. I noticed it on FB but forgot to say something.

We cannot no mod any car that we own.....and I mean ALL of us lol

know what you mean lol

the gf just got a 56 audi A3 sport TDI after some tool drove into the side of her focus and the first thing we did was take the low spec grille off and fit the spare and much better looking S-Line grille i had in my shed lol