Big Bang Santa Pod 27th -29th April 2012

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun in the mud lol. I'll be changing rear brakes' date=' new clutch position sensor, aux belt and get a puncture fixed tomorrow

[/quote']

Might be worth adjusting the handbrake release and adding a siren to the "on" indicator.

Have fun in the mud lol. I'll be changing rear brakes' date=' new clutch position sensor, aux belt and get a puncture fixed tomorrow

[/quote']

Might be worth adjusting the handbrake release and adding a siren to the "on" indicator.

lol!

got this from Santa Pod ....

Big Bang – Thank you!

Dear Big Bang Club Organisers,

This is an email from Santa Pod Raceway and myself to say a special “thanks†for supporting the show. Some of you might receive another email that has been sent directly to all customers who bought advance tickets for Big Bang but I wanted to send one myself to all the car clubs that braved the conditions and showed how hard core they were and how appreciative we are to have loyal car clubs like you!! Please make sure that you pass this information on to your members as anyone who bought on arrival on did provide an email address when booking, will not have access to this message.

We are heartily sorry that we had to cancel Big Bang on Sunday. It is not a decision that anyone at Santa Pod took lightly, but at the advice of UK Event Safety, who had already been dealing with cases of hypothermia due to collapsed tents and flooded sleeping areas, it was decided to cancel the event. An additional problem was dreadful flooding that was only getting worse and it would not have been sensible to allow more people onto a site that was already in a bad way.

No-one at Santa Pod can ever remember seeing such extensive flooding in the camping fields!

We hope that despite the terrible weather experienced at the event, weekend ticket holders were able to enjoy the entertainment as much as possible and got a chance to experience the circus, monster truck shows, comedy, daytime and evening music that went ahead as normal on Friday and Saturday. However, we acknowledge that the disruption to the event was extensive, and we would like to offer an Extreme Weather Concession to weekend and Sunday ticket holders to be used towards next year’s event - the Big Bang Camper and Bus Show 2013.

Sunday tickets will retain 100% of their face value.

Weekend tickets will retain 35% of their face value.

· Credit values must be redeemed in advance no later than the Friday a week before gates open.

· These values apply whether your tickets were used or not and there will be no refunds.

· Advance ticket holders can redeem their values by contacting the Box Office directly on 01234 782828.

· If you bought tickets on the day, then please keep them safe as these will need to be returned to the Box Office no later than the Friday 1 week prior to the Big Bang Camper & Bus 2013.

· 2013 tickets will go on sale at the end of the year.

Please note that this this does not form part of our Adverse Weather Ticket policy but is merely a gesture of goodwill to our event supporters.

Thanks again for your support – hopefully Santa Pod will have dried out in time for Bug Jam! Hopefully we’ll see you there and we can try again to have a great time with VWs.

We went last weekend and were camping next to the VR6OC. As much as I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys you did the right thing by not going. Both our pitch and yours were totally waterlogged and we ended up coming home Saturday night!