Adding a bit of OOOOMMMMMMPPPPPHHHHHH!!!!!

Hi guys and dolls, maybe?

After the new year I shall be giving my undivided attention to my VR6 I've left it alone for a solid 6 months haven't even had it running due to some financial issues cough insurance so I'm going to wait until I'm 21 and it goes down somewhat.......

so the idea is get her up and running again and I want her to start off with a bang, not an explosions just some more power.

So whats the cheapest and easiest way to add some power for starters, I know obvious things like air filter but I will probably have the engine stripped so whilst Im doing so what could I be doing?

Will have pics up on progress in january.

Turbo would kill the insurance!!!!!!

With the engine stripped down, start with porting and flowing the head. Fit some cams (schimel 263) lighten and balance the fly wheel. Remap the ecu fit a 6 branch exhaust manifold, and a de-cat exhaust system. Then your car will move along quite nicely thank you very much. Won't be cheap, but won't be mega expensive depending on what you can do yourself!!!!! power will be about the 200 bhp mark and about 195 ftlb of torque...... thats what mine currently is.

There you go

Have you checked that your insurance company allows mods without bumping up your premiums ?

That would be a rareity!!!! I don't know of ANY insurance company that allows mods without increasing the premium!!!!! They are all money grabbing b******s out to screw us for as much as they can get........

Have you checked that your insurance company allows mods without bumping up your premiums ?

That would be a rareity!!!! I don't know of ANY insurance company that allows mods without increasing the premium!!!!! They are all money grabbing b******s out to screw us for as much as they can get........

Not nessecarily im not charged for mods unless they are drastic or increase bhp drasticaly.

But i do agree they are out rape you.

You can generally get away with an exhaust, as you can say you changed it for economic reasons i.e. stainless steel instead of mild steel wont rust blah blah blah. Wheels is another that they normally let you get away with, but induction kits, cams, ecus etc they don't like. They don't even like big music builds.........Thats not a go faster item either.........

As said above check the various insurance companies... some have BHP increase limits.. Also join upi as a premium member... apart form the 15% discounts... most companies take this into account as you are less likely to be a twonk when you drive your pride and joy...

I wasn't really planing on telling them about the major mods just exhaust and air filter really, I know thats fraud but, if you can't beat um join um! thanks for the advice there oldmandon nice looking bit of artwork you've got yourself there, and everyone thanks for advice :)

I wasn't planning on telling them until you've just said that and that i really want to stick around this place (It's the only place people will talk to me :( )

Best way to be though, that way there's no comeback if something goes wrong. We're a friendly bunch will always offer what we think is best advice.