An accelerated project!

Well i thought i would do a little project thread as over the past year or two it has turned into one, probably not as extensive or as in depth as some of the build threads on here, but i have been quite pleased with the outcome!

After not being able to sell my vr6 after getting a company car, it was looking a bit tatty, here are some pics from about a year ago;

vr61.jpg

vr6.jpg

At this point a fair bit of work had been done under the bonnet including head gasket and new thermostat, sump gasket, recent full service, new brakes down to new heat shield, and there it sat for a long while with no tax or test till the summer. i put it though its MOT after nearly 10 months or so and went through needing only a new wiper blade.

Over those 10 months i procured a few cosmetic items, including new alloys as thr original ones were in poor condition with some curbing and a lot of the lacquer peeling and bubbling (curbing from previous owner and not from my bad driving i might add!) i have always liked the keskins, so i picked up a set of dirt cheap keskin KT4's that had the rims chewed.

IMG_0216.jpg

this is the best of the bunch, and doesn't really show how bad they were.

Just had these refurbed and they have come out spotless

IMG_0247.jpg

Also was not into the standard seats

vr63.jpg

so got a set of mulberry leather heated seats and door cards, not the greatest photo, but actually doesn't look to out of place with the storm grey.

IMG_0360.jpg

I then replaced some of the plastic trim as it had actually turned white and no amount of back to black would make any difference, fitted a brand new wide body front splitter, original lights, grill, and coilovers and here we are now....

IMG_0357.jpg