I'm looking to buy a M plate vr6. Everything on it looks to be fine apart from the sunroof, its a glass one and only tilts. I was under the impression that the standard vr6 sunroof was tilt slide. Am I looking at a potential sunroof swap or wasa tilt slide sunroof an option/later addition?

thanks in advance :o)

i'm pretty sure that they were all tilt and slide. mine is a '92 and does both. never heard anyone complain of a golf sunroof stopping working so 9i dont think its a common complaint. i know corrado roofs are prone to fail

i think this is how it goes:- the round button in the middle makes it tilt up. the square/rectangular button nearer the back of the car brings it back down. if you press the back button when the roof is shut it should slide back, with the square button nearer the front of the car closing it (you have to hold the buttons down -they're not one-touch)

there's 3 buttons I think... a round one inthe middle with a square button in front and behind (I think) I cant remember which does what! I think the round one tilts then the one slides it forward the other back

how sad is that Ive had mk3s for years and cant remember how the sunroof works!

Same as the 94 Corrado then, one button. You slide it back to slide the roof back, or rock it back to tilt it up. Slide it forward and it closes from whatever position it was in. That's what i remember from mine anyway. The later style switch is as others have said with the round button in the middle.

one button? &|

take it i've got the common early one then B)

Lord knows why they chaged from the simple 1 button to the rather stupid 3 button thing. I can never remember what each one does without losing concentratioin while driving. Found the 1 button one much more intuative to use.