Knocking noise from the rear 4motion

I have a really annoying knocking noise from the rear of my 4motion.

Ive recently replaced rear anti roll bar drop links as they were knocking also. Now the noise sounds almost like plastic. Ive tried folding the rear seats flat as heard it could possibly be the clips but this made no diffrence. Anything else i should be checking or other common problems. Had the car in the air and cant feel or find anything loose.

Top mounts didnt think the 4mo had rear top mounts?

Could well be rear trailing arms bushes which will be replaced over the winter.

Top of the shock fitting, not the same as the front and not a true top mount but can be noisy. Can you get any noise pushing the car side to side?

Not no noise by pushing on the suspension or rocking side to side. I thought it was something in the boot at first but theres nothing in there rattaling around. Had the noise for around 4weeks and its starting to drive me crazy as i know the shock, springs and rear drop links are all new.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you guys owned the car from new?

The reason I ask is this webpage.....

http://guildhouse.net/golfv6/golfv6.html

If you scroll down to the end, paragraph beginning 'summer 2002' he says the car made noises from new and he was forever back and forth from the dealers trying to sort it, but never could!

Maybe its just the design.

Yea i forgot to. Well last weekend i removed both rear wheels and arch liners. One arch liner was loose so refitted it securley. had a bang and shake about underneath and nothing seemed loose. so i think it may be something inside somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

had a knocking noise on my 4mo , sounded like it was coming from the rear ... passenger side ...... replaced all the stuff you mentioned , checked everything out at least 3 times !

turned out to be the lower ball joint on front .... sound really seemed to be coming from the back and it wasnt just me that thought so